Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP: Titan II tower missing connecting Bolt/Knob

CHEYNESPUB

I have managed to lose a part that I said I never would. I cant find the large knobed bolt that connects the front part of the tower to the back part when standing it up. I also cant find anything on the internet that looks like the part.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Ditto. Give Brett at star one a call-- those guys are great to deal with. Im not sure if they are the same knobs as a titan 3 but I just went by their shop last week for replacement knobs. Brett was able to hook me up with some on a shelf in the back. I don't know if they can even order them anymore so call and see what they have in inventory. Great customer service.

MalibuNation

Good luck, let us know if they have an exact replacement.

I just went to the hardware store and matched up the tread pattern and have a plain ole screw that requires an allen wrench ... for a spare.

Luckily I still have the original part.

Edited by MalibuNation
  • 2 years later...

Hey - this thread is long dead but I assume someone might want to know - I contacted StarOneWake asking about this and got this response.

"...We’ve gone away from that knob and back to a single screw – we had too many issues with the knobs coming loose since you couldn’t get them as tight as a screw with an allen wrench. So just pick up a ½”-13 stainless steel socket head cap screw from your local hardware store and a 3/8” long handled allen wrench..."

My bolt/knob fell out while driving the boat across the USA, and somehow the whole tower didn't come crashing down! I would call that a miracle!

Hey - this thread is long dead but I assume someone might want to know - I contacted StarOneWake asking about this and got this response.

"...We’ve gone away from that knob and back to a single screw – we had too many issues with the knobs coming loose since you couldn’t get them as tight as a screw with an allen wrench. So just pick up a ½”-13 stainless steel socket head cap screw from your local hardware store and a 3/8” long handled allen wrench..."

My bolt/knob fell out while driving the boat across the USA, and somehow the whole tower didn't come crashing down! I would call that a miracle!

Another reason to love the titan! ;)

Just placed an order! Thanks for the help! I would much rather have this over the bolt... even if it doesn't last a 1000k mile trip!

So you have a Wellcraft 186 with a Titan2 tower and drive a 1000K mile trip. You're lucky that's all that failed in the scenario... :biggrin:

I just ordered one of these as well. I ran the allen bolt last year, and with me folding my tower at the end of every day the knob might be really handy. It all depends if I can get it tight enough by hand... I'll be keeping the allen key, and bolt onboard as backup.

I bought this knob from Grainger. Added a 1/2-13 carriage bolt and it had worked perfect for years. This knob is larger than the original... Able to tighten fairly snug.

post-3471-13951939906984_thumb.jpg

So you have a Wellcraft 186 with a Titan2 tower and drive a 1000K mile trip. You're lucky that's all that failed in the scenario... :biggrin:

I'm glad you called me on this! I just bought a Malibu VLX about 2 weeks ago! I will update my profile now!... I wasn't a paying member until this week in which I can add additional boats...

The Wellcraft 186 has a skylon tower

Edit: Had the wheel bearings re-packed, lights re-checked and new tires put on for the trip, but I'm thankful it made it in one piece!

Not to change topics on this thread but how do you know the difference between Titan I / II and III towers?

Edited by jonredcorn

[quote name="jonredcorn" post="690514" timestamp="1395262535"

Not to change topics on this thread but how do you know the difference between Titan I / II and III towers?

Post #388 of this thread

www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40082-is-this-the-one-for-me/page-20