Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV Surf Video

nyryan2001

Nice! How were you weighted? I get a great goofy side wave on my 23 but I can never get the reg side looking anywhere near as good. I run the stock back side + a 750 on top then two 400lbs bags one on seat and one below then a 200 across the back seat. I have the 500lb mid ballast tank full and sometimes a 750 triangle in the front, plus the floating wedge. We usually are running between 9.8 and 10.4 mph. I'm goofy so I don't really mind much but I hate that the regular riders don't get a good set...

Nice! How were you weighted? I get a great goofy side wave on my 23 but I can never get the reg side looking anywhere near as good. I run the stock back side + a 750 on top then two 400lbs bags one on seat and one below then a 200 across the back seat. I have the 500lb mid ballast tank full and sometimes a 750 triangle in the front, plus the floating wedge. We usually are running between 9.8 and 10.4 mph. I'm goofy so I don't really mind much but I hate that the regular riders don't get a good set...

Ya brother thats not me I found that video on facebook an reposted it here. I can just about assure you he is running some serioius heavy weight and running faster than 10.4...likely 11.5 mph or even faster...wakesurf pros run 12-13MPH to generate the speed to get the cuts and launch off the wake. Albeit that have 4000-5000lbs of ballast also. sounds like you have enough weight though...

try this, put only 200 in the bow and take that 750 triangle and put that propped up on top of the seats in the rear surfside corner like a big fat dude. I used to run 1100 triangle in my bow and when I moved it back and propped it up like this, the wave doubled in size and you can ride 12-15ft up and back lengthwise and stay on the wave. I have pics of it I just posted in a thread just a couple days ago.

thread here

By no means am I the expert, but you generally want most of your weight in the rear surfside corner...and you need a real hard lean on that surfside. Post some pics!

I tried studying that thread and then I got to the last pic and forgot everything :thumbup:

I would say my goofy wave looks pretty similar to what you posted, nice and clean. But when i take that same setup to the reg side it just looks like trash. I will have to take some pics next time out and get some feedback. Also when I run over 11mph the wave just doesn't seem to have any push to it. I'll try moving some more weight in the corner on the reg side next time. Sometimes it looks like it is just a few hundred pounds from cleaning up...