Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front Ballast Filling up with air while pulling wakeboarders?

Know how I can fix this?

When I fill up my front ballast with water it will fill to the correct level. But as soon as I start pulling someone it will start to fill up with air and lift the cubby door on the front of the boat. So when I stop I let some water out but that doesn't solve the problem. As soon as I take off again it starts to fill back up with air and opens the door again. Will this damage the bag? It gets pretty tight almost like a balloon.

Thank you for your help.

I doubt it's air.

Most likely, water.

If you really think it's air, then maybe your fill line has a hole in it somewhere and it's siphoning air. :dontknow:

I doubt it's air.

Most likely, water.

If you really think it's air, then maybe your fill line has a hole in it somewhere and it's siphoning air. :dontknow:

This weekend I will try to video it. Cause I am pretty sure its air cause when i feel it it feels like a balloon half filled with water. I checked the lines already. Maybe I just have a broked ballast pump. I dunno its a weird problem. Thanks for the help tho.

Either way,

Your boat does not have an anti siphon valve (I think).

It would be a good idea to put one in to get rid of that one possibility.

So if it is filling up with air after it is full and you are underway the water could be back flowing through the fill line. An easy way to check this is to fill the front tank with water and before you get underway shut the valve off on the fill line between the hull and the pump, don't forget to turn the pump off too. Now see what happens while you are under way. If this is happening you probably have the fill line on your tank running to the lower fitting on the tank and not the upper fitting which is allowing the water to push back through the pump you use to fill the tank. If you don't want to swap the lines then install a check valve between the pump and tank on the fill side.

The other posts are referring to known issues of the tank filling when not full and their advise on how to fix it is correct.

-Dave