Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Board Selection

bradfr

I am finally breaking down and going to try out wakesurfing and need a board. I see inland surfer makes some nice boards and I have found a used one that might work for me. It is an inland surfer swallow. Does anyone think this is much too advanced for me to learn and progress on? My budget is around $400 for a board and I am hesitant to buy a beginner board because of my experience with a wakeboard. I grew out of my beginner wakeboard in about 2 months and needed to upgrade right away. I am just looking for some opinions to help me decide to buy or not. If needed I am about 6' tall and 160lbs. Also, if you dont think this is a good starting point can you recommend an alternative?

Edited by bradfr

Triple X has been great for me. I loved my Slasher last year and just got a good session in on my Slayer this year. I love the Slayer it's very fast and poppy. The Slasher may be a better beginner/intermediate board. The boards are very reasonably priced and hold up very well. Definitely look into it.

Triple X has been great for me. I loved my Slasher last year and just got a good session in on my Slayer this year. I love the Slayer it's very fast and poppy. The Slasher may be a better beginner/intermediate board. The boards are very reasonably priced and hold up very well. Definitely look into it.

Yeah, after a little more searching in these forums it looks like the triple x slasher prox 5.0 is a good board to start and progress with.

I am finally breaking down and going to try out wakesurfing and need a board. I see inland surfer makes some nice boards and I have found a used one that might work for me. It is an inland surfer swallow. Does anyone think this is much too advanced for me to learn and progress on? My budget is around $400 for a board and I am hesitant to buy a beginner board because of my experience with a wakeboard. I grew out of my beginner wakeboard in about 2 months and needed to upgrade right away. I am just looking for some opinions to help me decide to buy or not. If needed I am about 6' tall and 160lbs. Also, if you dont think this is a good starting point can you recommend an alternative?

I have ridden several IS boards.... The Swallow rocks, but is a very an advance board. I have one and love it.. Very fast. If you hav a short tall wake it's not as good. It's great for a long drawn out wake. I have been spending time on the Squirt and it is an incredible versital board..very fast yet stable andi have been teaching people to Surf on it. It is a great boat board for all!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of the help. I decided to go with a triple x slasher pro x 5.0 board. Can't wait to get into the sport and see what its all about.

Edited by bradfr