Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

For those of you Malibu guys who hate the pickle fork ...

Chattwake

I have owned 3 wakesetters and the interior sewing job on my 11 lsv is horrible.

wow, that was insightful.

now, back to the picklefork discussion. I think with different color scheme it will look good. People talk about how things are changing. Malibu is changing because the market is changing. they have to in order to continue to sell boats. The same can be said for the automobile industry or the computer industry. You have to change with the market or you get left behind.

Personally, I like having the option of a pickle fork. As long as they keep traditional options open as well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Chattwake

• CJAY

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have owned 3 wakesetters and the interior sewing job on my 11 lsv is horrible.

wow, that was insightful.

now, back to the picklefork discussion. I think with different color scheme it will look good. People talk about how things are changing. Malibu is changing because the market is changing. they have to in order to continue to sell boats. The same can be said for the automobile industry or the computer industry. You have to change with the market or you get left behind.

Personally, I like having the option of a pickle fork. As long as they keep traditional options open as well.

This may have been posted, but it's the first article I've seen about the new models and options for 2012. I wonder if plug-n-play ballast will be an option for the MSX???

Intresting....

Malibu Making Waves with New Models and Features

06/19/2011

For 2012 Malibu boats has brought two new models to the water. The Wakesetter 22' MSX with a Bow-centric design, rough water handling performance, bigger wake, transom seating, rear fresh air vents, completely digital design for precise construction. The Response TXi with improved hull design for greater performance in wider range of speeds and line length, new higher windshield design, new graphics. Additionally Malibu has created a new adjustable surf fin system. The system offers surfers a great wake without moving bodies in the boat, abilities to level the boat without adjusting ballast weight and assists in backing to the left. Also a new quick fill ballast system that cuts fill time in half using higher flow pumps and tubing. There will also be new interior flooring options, graphics, and redesigned board racks. Malibu strives to continually update their boat models and maintain their reputation as the most up to date inboard boats on the market, geared toward what water-sport enthusiast are searching for. Look for new models to appear sometime in September.

Source http://www.navcompany.com/news/malibu-making-waves-with-new-models-and-features/

still anxious to see some interior shots, with the boat coming to the public in September you would think there would be a few shots floating around somewhere... Is the name MSX or MTX?

still anxious to see some interior shots, with the boat coming to the public in September you would think there would be a few shots floating around somewhere... Is the name MSX or MTX?

Malibu site says MSX 22

I like the idea of the picklefork, it has great added functionality. Others have already said this but it is also my opinion that the fork is too bulbous and rounded and kind of makes it look like a big plastic toy to me. I would appreciate some more agressive lines and "sharper" angles up front to accommodate this new look. I dont fault Malibu for trying it out and I hope they make a version that looks good to me, because i'd like to have the added space / bow ballast.

Also as far as the comments here ragging on older boat owners - I'm just going to say that's a little crappy. I might be in the newer boat crowd now but I plan on owning this boat for more than 10 years and will soon be in the "older" boat crowd. Just because some of us decide not to always have the newest boat doesn't mean we aren't allowed the same opinions as you guys. We still feel just as passionately as you do and it still matters just as much because some day we have to buy a used boat. Just because we aren't buying it *right now* doesn't mean we have any less of an important opinion.

My $.02

Just saw one of these roll out of the Calabria factory as I was driving down the freeway today.

post-23-027060300 1311979094_thumb.jpg