Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

For those of you Malibu guys who hate the pickle fork ...

Chattwake

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Chattwake

• CJAY

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get it either. We don't use the bow area that much as it is. If it's not blazing hot out then no one wants to sit in front of the windshield. So the bow area gets used maybe a month or two out of the year.

Plus it makes it hard for the driver to see or negotiate over wakes without scooping a ton of water in the boat. :crazy:

I heard it was coming. But not this quick! I don't mind the pickle nose. If it is being brought in as a new model to help get some of that market share then why not? :biggrin:

I like it. It provides more room (width) under the seat cushions for bow ballast. It makes it easier for people to get in and out of the boat on the nose. It also also provides another roomy area for people to lounge when not underway.

In all honesty, I prefer the bow of an X-start to that of my VLX. I like the additional room for ballast and seating, the fold out ladder option and even just the way it looks. I have not noticed any additional tendency for the pickle fork to dive under water when fully loaded compared to my VLX either. Aesthetically, it may not be for everyone, but I like it and when I upgrade my current Bu, I would want it.

I think it looks really good and is just another option. The great part is you can probably get more bow ballast than just the small 300lbs tank. More room for ballast makes me like it on that alone.

Add me too the dislike group..... following others is not the malibu way imo.

I tend to agree. I'm a bit of a purist anyway on this issue. I guess if I were into the wake boat thing I would be ok with it.

aha,...good.Now let,s wait and see how the wake is and i might become a family member again.

2012 is also the year of a new X-Star model...but both will be above my budget ,i guess.

That looks like an AXIS with a Malibu windshield and wakesetter decals...... Will have to go with "YUK"category.... never have been a fan of the AXIS body style....no offense to AXIS owners, at least this one has a full windshield! will have to agree with the bigger seating area in the bow, that is the only plus. Just my opinion....

Looks like 2011 will be the last of the great body style for the VLX! :rockon:

That looks like an AXIS with a Malibu windshield and wakesetter decals...... Will have to go with "YUK"category.... never have been a fan of the AXIS body style....no offense to AXIS owners, at least this one has a full windshield! will have to agree with the bigger seating area in the bow, that is the only plus. Just my opinion....

Looks like 2011 will be the last of the great body style for the VLX! :rockon:

From what I understand this boat is called the MTX, it's 22ft, and not a VLX replacment. The VLX will still be around

I assume this is from dealers complaining about losing too many sales to the pickle fork bows. So if doing this means they'll sell more boats, gotta go with it, that's what they are in business for. But it seems like they could just make a less abrubt V in the front and accomplish the same thing. So it must be market driven then, right?

From what I understand this boat is called the MTX, it's 22ft, and not a VLX replacment. The VLX will still be around

Two models is definately the way to go. I have a large family and live in the south, there is always someone in the bow.

Biggest issue I see and its purely opinion is that it looks so much like an axis. I like axis but I thought the axis and malibu line were supposed to be stand alone lines. This boat blurrs that line severely and looks like an axis in malibu clothing.

Biggest issue I see and its purely opinion is that it looks so much like an axis. I like axis but I thought the axis and malibu line were supposed to be stand alone lines. This boat blurrs that line severely and looks like an axis in malibu clothing.

That is exactly what I was thinking? But the transom looks a little different than either one? :dontknow:

A FakeSetter??

Edited by Cervelo

I'll never like the way that looks. I can understand people liking the additional seating, storage, and ballast space but, It definitely looks like an Axis to me now.

Pistol Pete Predicts the next person to order an Axis says to the salesman..."Hey, could we get the graphic on the side to say "Wake Setter"?

I'll call them the "Fakesetter A22"