Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

For those of you Malibu guys who hate the pickle fork ...

Chattwake

Never have liked the look of pickle fork design but it does create room.

well I guess the biggest complement is copying right??? I guess it it Malibu's turn to copy... At least it does not look as bad as some of the other manufacturers pickle fork designs.

I do plan on buying a new boat but it will be in 2012. It will not be a pickle fork design.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Chattwake

• CJAY

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never have liked the look of pickle fork design but it does create room.

well I guess the biggest complement is copying right??? I guess it it Malibu's turn to copy... At least it does not look as bad as some of the other manufacturers pickle fork designs.

I do plan on buying a new boat but it will be in 2012. It will not be a pickle fork design.

All wakeboats that have pickle forks copied it, master craft did not invent the pickle fork

Never said Mastercraft invented the pickle fork - not sure who did. Maybe copy was a bad word. probably should have used "following" instead. Dont get me wrong my next boat will be a Malibu just one without the pickle fork.

I don't mind the Pickle Fork Option either.. I hear they are coming out with a Surf Setter as well this year based on a 23LSV.. I still love the VLX and can't see myself in a pickle but who knows.. I will reserve judgement until I actually see one.

P.S. I hear Paul Singer was also let go from Malibu.. I think that is bigger news than the Pickle...

I have no problem with it at all, can't say it's the best looking Malibu I've ever seen, but also can't say it's the worst. I don't really understand why so many people are hating, but to each their own. Malibu is just trying to differentiate their product offering so they don't lose sales to the competition, any smart business would do this. Tige still sells the 22ve and 24ve along with the RZ2 and RZ4. It sounds like Malibu intends to do the same here. Hopefully Malibu did a little more wake testing than Tige did as Tige's best wakes are definitely still the 22ve and 24ve.

And for the comments on price, was $90,000 well equiped MSRP??? Something tells me that may be the low end on MSRP with some options for this boat, my 2011 VLX's MSRP was up in the $90k range and I'd be shocked if they don't try to get more for the picklefork like the other manufacturers have.

Am I the only one that thinks the color patterns on the Wakesetters have been designed to look like a picklefork for years? Is there really a huge difference (minus the fact that the picklefork is a much more functional design) between the looks of these two? :dontknow:

vlxt.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcRUtfxjCOXCVJRMaoce9BV9F6RcQFg51o3yleJiQEoPAZG-ah4B.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks the color patterns on the Wakesetters have been designed to look like a picklefork for years? Is there really a huge difference (minus the fact that the picklefork is a much more functional design) between the looks of these two? :dontknow:

vlxt.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcRUtfxjCOXCVJRMaoce9BV9F6RcQFg51o3yleJiQEoPAZG-ah4B.jpg

Yes, I totally agree with you. That's always been one thing that's bugged me about the 08 and up boats is how they brought the chine up to the gunnel. Never did like that. As for the pickle fork, I know there are some that really love it and there's always the form vs function debate. For me, I will always take looks first. I want to be happy with my boat and when I look at it think, "damn that's sexy" Not think "damn that's a square boat, kinda reminds me of a boston whaler" Boats aren't supposed to be square, a barge is but not a boat. I am still considering upgrading for 2012 and one thing that I loved about Malibu is no pickle fork. It set Malibu apart from the mastercrafts of the world. I will never buy a pickle fork bow. But that's just me. I know that pickle forks are really popular right now, but in my opinion they are just a passing fad until the next new thing comes out, even though have been here for a while.

Jdub - i hear ya, i just find it funny when you have people in here who have no intentions of trading in their boats but say they will pass on it... like they were really going to take the the plunge. if they are serious now is the time to pick up a 2010 or 2011!

Yeah, like they say ...opinions are like @$$holes...everyone has one.

I like it and so do most people that see it. Not everyone's cup of rum.

Boat%252520Front%2525202.JPG

Looks like a trolley car. If you get to the end of the lake or run you just go the other way. No front. ;)

I may be old but Ugly is Ugly

Edited by Sixball

well i will buy whatever is available in 23 lsv for 2012/13, dont really care what the bow design is.

Honestly the only real big advantage of the pickle fork is more bow ballast, other than that I don't care either way. I'm tired of running an extra 725lbs sack on the seats of the bow. I dont' really use it otherwise. Too dangerous for the kids, and not exactly yhe most social place on the boat

Honestly the only real big advantage of the pickle fork is more bow ballast, other than that I don't care either way. I'm tired of running an extra 725lbs sack on the seats of the bow. I dont' really use it otherwise. Too dangerous for the kids, and not exactly yhe most social place on the boat

.......would be if you had a picklefork. :biggrin: Perfect seating for 2 or 3, especially when the music is blaring in the back of the boat OR everyone is squished together one side of the boat for surfing.

.......would be if you had a picklefork. :biggrin: Perfect seating for 2 or 3, especially when the music is blaring in the back of the boat OR everyone is squished together one side of the boat for surfing.

We tend to have to put a few people in the front of my friends axis to get it on plane when it's sacked out. The music tends to blare up there also, luckily the 420 helps with that

I don't mind the Pickle Fork Option either.. I hear they are coming out with a Surf Setter as well this year based on a 23LSV.. I still love the VLX and can't see myself in a pickle but who knows.. I will reserve judgement until I actually see one.

P.S. I hear Paul Singer was also let go from Malibu.. I think that is bigger news than the Pickle...

[/quot

They have let so many good people go that the boats are paying the price. They need to keep coming out with new stuff so people don't look to close at the boats. As far as the pickle fork wakesetter goes who cares. Can't let master craft take the number 1 spot back:)

We use the bow in our VTX a lot. Both under way and at anchor. A pickle fork would be nice for more room, more ballast, an anchor locker, a ladder over the front....just more function for the boats. I like the clean lines, but there is so much extra bling in a Malibu....I have a hard time buying the argument of function over form.

We use the bow in our VTX a lot. Both under way and at anchor. A pickle fork would be nice for more room, more ballast, an anchor locker, a ladder over the front....just more function for the boats. I like the clean lines, but there is so much extra bling in a Malibu....I have a hard time buying the argument of function over form.

If you order it that way there is.......

Looks like a trolley car. If you get to the end of the lake or run you just go the other way. No front. ;)

I may be old but Ugly is Ugly

Ha, but it's a pretty trolley car! Maybe that will be it's new name, was going to call it the other B*tch but that idea got shot down by the wife. Pretty much everyone that's seen it at the ramps really dig it. Except for grandpa in his 1972 Mark Twain.

I love it. I just think ya'll are a bunch of grumpy old men who are afraid of new things :crazy:

:no: I disagree....not all grumpy old men afraid of new things. It's really just a stylistic thing that some don't care for. The same can be said of cars and trucks, too. To each their own, really.