Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner, 2011 Wakesetter 23LSV

Jab31169

Our family just picked up a 2011 Wakesetter 23 LSV. We ordered this boat back in February and just received it this past Friday. What an amazing boat. We are coming from a 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 210 that we just outgrew. The Wakesetter is pretty much fully loaded minus the heated shower and rear radio control. We sprung for the upgraded wet sounds sub and tower speakers. We are big surfers and my nephew is turning into a big wakeboarder (only 6 and he is pretty close to going wake to wake). The surf wake on this boat stock is just as good as our maristar was sacked out. We did however edit the stock preset to fill up the front tank and up the speed to about 10.8 - 11.2 depending upon human ballast. Didn't really play with the wedge settings too much as we were just getting a feel for everything. We have a pair of 400lb sacs we have yet to use in the rear lockers. We will eventually go bigger but have yet to really need to. Cruise control is sooooo nice. I have no idea how we went this long without it. Aux in makes a huge impact with the droid using pandora. The wet sounds are so freaking loud its almost redonkulus. Looking into adding a separate volume control for the towers, didn't think they would be as loud as they are. Almost forgot about how nice the base model trailer is as well. We don't tow ours far, just up the boat ramp and back down it every weekend, but the number of little things on the trailer is pretty sweet. Overall a fantastic boat, I can only hope the first day of ownership is just as good as the others. If you see us on Lake Martin, feel free to wave or track us down.

3150pd1.jpg

Nice boat! Im pretty sure I saw you yesterday at Lake Martin. Were you around the Willow Point area?

Yep, our house is back in Willow Point. We are back in the scrushy slough, the house with the pirate flag on the flag pole.

Yep, our house is back in Willow Point. We are back in the scrushy slough, the house with the pirate flag on the flag pole.

Nice, I'll have to stop by sometime. I was down there at a good friends house in Willow Point.