Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HSE Sound Revolution

Fman

My friend is looking for an HSE, apparently he has been told by HSE they have been discontinued. Does anyone know about this? What a bummer, that they would take a great product and not make it anymore.... I really like my HSE, it has been perfect and works great. Especially when my kids or wife are towing someone, does not make them look at the Ipod or WS 420, and lets them focus on the water.

If anyone knows of a supplier that still has them could you please pass it along so I can get information to him. My local stereo guy (Ben from ACME) cant get them anymore.

Thanks for any information...

Jim is still in business but he told me he discontinued the HSE volume control because he basically lost his market with then new boats coming out with integrated volume control. Too bad, my autovolume sucks thats why I put the HSE volume control in instead.

• 9 years later...

Old thread revival!

I’m looking for an HSE Volume Control.  Had one in my previous boat and finding it hard to be without it in my current boat.  Anyone have a lead on a used unit that someone might be willing to part with?

Edited by SkySkiGuy
4 hours ago, SkySkiGuy said:

Old thread revival!

I’m looking for an HSE Volume Control.  Had one in my previous boat and finding it hard to be without it in my current boat.  Anyone have a lead on a used unit that someone might be willing to part with?

Unless you aren't using your phone to stream music, they are pointless.  Just download Speed of Sound app and use that.  It works better and is free.

Most of my boating is at Lake Powell where there is little to no coverage (spotty at best) - so, no, I’m not usually streaming my music.  Also, I prefer the volume adjustment based on RPM because, at surfing speeds, speed based systems don’t increase the volume enough.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by SkySkiGuy

I'm selling a Watersports Innovations boost box. This will crank your stereo for you when you are under way, and turn it down when you slow down to pick up rider. Works by detecting the pitch of your boat, and uses wired remote system to adjust volume.
This worked great with my Clarion M505 head unit, and I'll include the adapter needed for the newer units. I use an app for volume control now, but this is needed if you want automated control for CD, Sattelite or FM radio.
Retails $189, ill ship it to 48 states for $75

Edited by TimbrSS

Good luck trying to find an HSE.  I still have an old one that broke and I was unable to get it fixed. I don't believe any others really compare, sure they work but not as good.  Now I have a newer boat with Malibu's built in version and it sucks, way too sensitive and really needs a delay built in.  

4 hours ago, calilsv said:

Good luck trying to find an HSE.  I still have an old one that broke and I was unable to get it fixed. I don't believe any others really compare, sure they work but not as good.  Now I have a newer boat with Malibu's built in version and it sucks, way too sensitive and really needs a delay built in.  

What’s broken on your HSE?

On 9/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, SkySkiGuy said:

Interested in letting it go if I pay to ship to SLC?  Edit: Never mind, found one.

Shoot me a message with your info and we'll work something out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, SkySkiGuy said:

Most of my boating is at Lake Powell where there is little to no coverage (spotty at best) - so, no, I’m not usually streaming my music.  Also, I prefer the volume adjustment based on RPM because, at surfing speeds, speed based systems don’t increase the volume enough.  But thanks for the suggestion.

I want to respond to this seeing this thread again, in case someone looks at this thread later and thinks they need the HSE:

- If using a good streaming service, like Spotify, you can download to the device.  I do that on my Norris lake vacation yearly, as water service is spotty at best.

- RPM vs GPS - hogwash (haven't tried that one to see if it is censored).  Speed Of Sound works PERFECTLY, adjusts exactly how I want it.  You can adjust the ramp up speeds from lowest to highest; zero issues, always adjusts.  HSE will never be as good as a good app based solution.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Nitrousbird said:

I want to respond to this seeing this thread again, in case someone looks at this thread later and thinks they need the HSE:

- If using a good streaming service, like Spotify, you can download to the device.  I do that on my Norris lake vacation yearly, as water service is spotty at best.

- RPM vs GPS - hogwash (haven't tried that one to see if it is censored).  Speed Of Sound works PERFECTLY, adjusts exactly how I want it.  You can adjust the ramp up speeds from lowest to highest; zero issues, always adjusts.  HSE will never be as good as a good app based solution.

Have you ever actually used an HSE? 

There's no way a GPS based app on your phone works as fast as the HSE using an instant RPM signal,  please stop trying to say otherwise.  Since HSE is no longer around, this is pretty pointless anyway.

I would love to try it out just to see the difference, but there doesn't seem to be an iPhone app.

17 minutes ago, calilsv said:

Have you ever actually used an HSE? 

There's no way a GPS based app on your phone works as fast as the HSE using an instant RPM signal,  please stop trying to say otherwise.  Since HSE is no longer around, this is pretty pointless anyway.

I would love to try it out just to see the difference, but there doesn't seem to be an iPhone app.

Speed of Sound will show you the speed and change in output percentage real-time.  I haven't used the HSE, but Speed of Sound responds pretty quickly.  

As for iPhones, just one of many apps not available on the iPhone.  App has worked perfectly on my Galaxy S7 Edge, LG G7 ThinQ, and now my Note 20 Ultra.  I stopped making the iPhone mistake years ago.