Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat taking on water

Went out on the boat 2day, noticed the bilge pump ran on and off more than normal so it wasn't the cooler draining. started back toward the dock at the end of the day and low battery light started beeping and then noticed water coming up from the carpet. Pulled up the middle floor cover thing and it was full of water with the bilge pumping constantly now. Both plugs were in securely. Does anyone know what could have caused the water coming in? Too much weight or anything like that? No more people than normal on the boat, just 8. Thanks

First time out this year? Heater on this boat? If first run, I'd guess heater core cracked. Other than that, I'd say a hose came loose, or one of the engine drain bolts came out.

After that it could be an MDS problem, or rudder leak.

Let us know,

Steve B.

martinarcher

If an engine drain wasn't closed it could certainly add up over the course of a day.

Can you hook the boat up to a hose and run it at home? if so, do that and watch for water around the engine.

thanks for some help, I will check some of that out and may be taking it to the dealer 2day, I don't have a heater on the boat and I've been out a good many times already this year without any problems. Thanks again