Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how to wire new heater into MUX switches

mac19

is it wired into the medallion box or the breaker labeled heater below the throttle land driver right arm rest ? Im a wiring newbie any help would be greatly appriciatee.

that medallion fuse panel houses everything that is controlled by mux switches, wire to that.

Hey 06 inside the Medallion box there is one open slot that is labled heater high, However with my heater craft heater I have a Red, Black yellow orange and one other color I believe. I don't have the wiring diagram from heater craft in front of me but there are three of them are HI/MED/LOW plus the black and red I believe and inside the Medallion box I can only see the one labled Heater Hi. I will take a picture of it and post it up in about 5 hr's when I get back to work where my boat is at. Any Insight would be great. CHEERS!!!

Respectfully -CamD

Here are a few pic's of the medallion box.

The wires coming from the heater are as follows :

Yellow-Low speed

Red-Med speed

Orange-High speed

Black-Ground

There is one terminal coming in the side of the box(white arrow) @ #16 labled Heater high and then two terminals on the card next to the fuse #16 inside the box(white square around them). Are these the connections for my high/med/low wires? In the corner of the medallion box is a large red and black wire labled Positive and Negative as well. The second pic is what looks like a grounding block to me, it's up under the dash as well do I run my black wire to this? I'm lost when it comes to this stuff and my nearest dealer is 5hr's away Hopefully I can sort this out with the help of the "CREW" thanks in advance for your help!!

Respectfully -Cam

post-13794-052810500 1306633422_thumb.jp

post-13794-002580100 1306633497_thumb.jp

Edited by mac19

The open fuse holders where you have the white square are a mux override for that circuit. So if you pull the fuse out of the horn slot and stick the fuse in the slot directly behind it the horn will stay on, will work the same way for all of the fused equipment in that medallion fuse block. The big 2 awg power/ground wire going into that medallion box is the main power supply for all the equipment hooked up to it.

Yes ground to that ground distribution block in the next pic. Id have to take a look at my boat to tell you how the heater is hooked up to the medallion box, I can't remember.

Edited by 06vlx

"Any chance it's as easy as connecting the "high heater" wire to the MUX box where it is labled "High Heater #16" (White Arrow in Pic) and the black wire to the ground block, ignoring the MED and LOW wires. Does the MUX system possibly control the fan speed. Is it safe to just try this or could I possible do damage to the MUX system. Do I need anything inline between the fan motor and the MUX box I remember reading a thread about ballast pumps burning out MUX switches or something. Thanks again for the help!

Any chance it's as easy as connecting the "high heater" wire to the MUX box where it is labled "High Heater #16" (White Arrow in Pic) and the black wire to the ground block, ignoring the MED and LOW wires. Does the MUX system possibly control the fan speed. Is it safe to just try this or could I possible do damage to the MUX system. Do I need anything inline between the fan motor and the MUX box I remember reading a thread about ballast pumps burning out MUX switches or something. Thanks again for the help!

Yes indeed it is that easy!!! Paul from Bakes has confirmed that the orange high wire goes to the Medallion box as it is labled and the Black goes to the grounding bus and the remaining low and med wires get ignored. :partytime:

:werule: