Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in boat

Sat777

Hey guys, had alot of rain while I was gone on vacation for a week and my 06 lsv got some water in it? The bow slops down a little while on the trailer so there was alot of water up front and in the battery storage area. The engine bay had about 6"s of water in it but overall didn't look too bad. We got all the water out and letting it air out right now. Do I have anything to worry about with the motor or tranny or anything else?

Does everything still work? 6" ain't much to worry about in the bilge, the starter would be the biggest concern but it should be quite a bit higher than that. Are your batteries in boxes, any amps, or other wiring in the observer compartment?

Does everything still work? 6" ain't much to worry about in the bilge, the starter would be the biggest concern but it should be quite a bit higher than that. Are your batteries in boxes, any amps, or other wiring in the observer compartment?

:plus1: and welcome to the crew

I had this happen once... ended up with a new starter, new steering cable and a little love.

of course with only 6 inches.... might not be that bad for you.

I won't ask why you didn't have your boat covered but..... as quickly as you can call Cory @ Evolution Covers so this won't happen again. And even (or especially) with a cover on you need to have the boat with the bow raised so water can run off the cover.

And a reminder to take your plug out so it can never get that deep again.

You don't want to end up like this guy: The water was originally above the captain's chair. He left the plug in all winter and the boat was next to the edge of a building that funnelled all of the rainwater into the boat.

4673141501_6b7c89ec59_m.jpg

Edited by TallRedRider

You don't want to end up like this guy: The water was originally above the captain's chair. He left the plug in all winter and the boat was next to the edge of a building that funnelled all of the rainwater into the boat.

:vomit:

I just puked in my mouth a little bit......

That's terrible.

Edited by inlandlaker

I checked everything and it all worked. Started her up out of water for a few secs and she fired right up. 1 battery was in a box but the other one was already dead and needs to be replaced anyways. No amps or anything else.

I won't ask why you didn't have your boat covered but..... as quickly as you can call Cory @ Evolution Covers so this won't happen again. And even (or especially) with a cover on you need to have the boat with the bow raised so water can run off the cover.

Cover was on but must have came loose a little during the storms. I do live in Southwest Missouri and we've been having a little tornado problems of late.

That's crazy!!! I keep the transom plug pulled when on the trailer. I think I'll prob do dry dock soon!

That's crazy!!! I keep the transom plug pulled when on the trailer. I think I'll prob do dry dock soon!

So your boat is on a lift? Or you mean once you get the boat home, you put the plug back in?

I bet most guys who have the boat on a lift keep the plug in. Tough dilemma there. If the lift fails and the boat settles into the water, you want your plug in, right? Does that ever happen?