Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

removing flame arrester on 340 monsoon help

Hi ,need to remove flame arrestor for 08 vlx, 340 monsoon ..boat has 250 hours and never cleaned flame arrestor can someone tell me how to

remove for cleaning i have the k&N recharge kit ..the cleaning seems easy but the removal need help.

thanks

My 340 Monsoon has 1 big hose clamp (there is also a bracket with a hose attached to it secured by this big hose clamp). Wobble the filter out towards the bow and down towards the bilge at the same time.

I have an '08 VLX with the 340 and I have the K&N filter cone. Mine is not located under the flame arrester, it is between the engine and the back of the rear bench, above the tranny. It has a hose clamp that I loosen and the cone filter comes right out.

the year of your boat is critical information here as to a housing on intake plenum or K&N cone filter.

Good thing he provided it then....

Good thing he provided it then....

Yes it was. I was trying not to be overtly rude to people suggesting he remove thumbscrews which haven't been found on the monsoon in almost 10 years and so that OP could read between the lines as to the suggestions. Was trying to show some tact.

Yes it was. I was trying not to be overtly rude to people suggesting he remove thumbscrews which haven't been found on the monsoon in almost 10 years and so that OP could read between the lines as to the suggestions. Was trying to show some tact.

Excellent job :thumbup: .

i never said there was thumbscrews, i said i could see screws that were holding a clamp.

We realize this. The K&N filter has a rubber boot that goes over the air intake just like a cold air intake on a car. Unscrew the clamp and pull it off. It's painfully simple.

Although it may be overkill, I removed the eight Allen head bolts that hold the top half of the intake manifold (be careful not to lose the lock washers) then unclipped the two electrical clips and lifted the intake manifold, throttle body and filter off as one piece. I did it this way because I could not get the filter cone out of the engine compartment without possible damaging it.

As long as I had the intake manifold off, I painted it fire engine red. The red intake manifold really looks sporty against the black engine block and valve covers. If anybody is interested, I'll post a picture.

Although it may be overkill, I removed the eight Allen head bolts that hold the top half of the intake manifold (be careful not to lose the lock washers) then unclipped the two electrical clips and lifted the intake manifold, throttle body and filter off as one piece. I did it this way because I could not get the filter cone out of the engine compartment without possible damaging it.

As long as I had the intake manifold off, I painted it fire engine red. The red intake manifold really looks sporty against the black engine block and valve covers. If anybody is interested, I'll post a picture.

Let us see the picture!

yes i see screw, all i need to do is undo them and will in come out as it looks really limited space to go forward

I see the problem, your engine is in backwards and in the wrong part of the boat. Bummer.