Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Walters V-Drive

Our 2003 23 LSV is new to us. We took it out for the second time Saturday and were out for about 6 hours or so (having a blast :yahoo: ).

After reading the Owner's manual, I knew to look at the V-drive Warning Light to ensure that we were good to go after the boat warmed up.

During the day, I'd look at the light and I noticed it was coming on just about everytime we stopped and it would go off again when we were running.

I haven't checked the fluid level yet because it was just serviced by the dealership and my assumption is that it is full.

Any ideas other than checking the fluid level (I'll be doing that tomorrow after work)?

Thanks in advance.

Our 2003 23 LSV is new to us. We took it out for the second time Saturday and were out for about 6 hours or so (having a blast :yahoo: ).

After reading the Owner's manual, I knew to look at the V-drive Warning Light to ensure that we were good to go after the boat warmed up.

During the day, I'd look at the light and I noticed it was coming on just about everytime we stopped and it would go off again when we were running.

I haven't checked the fluid level yet because it was just serviced by the dealership and my assumption is that it is full.

Any ideas other than checking the fluid level (I'll be doing that tomorrow after work)?

Thanks in advance.

Its normal, that light will be on below 1000 rpm i believe.

Yes, the light comes on at low RPMs when pressure is low. If you get above 1000-1300 RPM's and it stays lit, that is when you have an issue. meaning you are not building oil pressure in the v-drive.