Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom Handles

Does anyone know how to remove the transom T handles on the back sun deck on a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter? We are re-upholstering it and they are kinda in the way of progess...

I'm no expert but, I think all there is is a stud at any part of the handle that goes through the upholstery.

Look at this pic.

If that's the case, it would seem to me that you just need to find a way to access the backside/underside of where ever they're mounted to and un-do the nut on the back.

You may need to be a contortionist, grow a third arm and get a removable eyeball so you can see but Pete pretty much summed it up. You also may have to remove something else to gain access.

Good luck.

Thx guys. We did remove the nut but the part after that gets tricky. I don't know all the names but there's like a huge plastic peice that threads into another that holds it all together. We actually rigged a tool together using a clamp and some bars and manually unscrewed it that way. Way to go Malibu on making things complicated! LOL! Guess they don't want anyone revamping their original stuff!!!

Thx guys. We did remove the nut but the part after that gets tricky. I don't know all the names but there's like a huge plastic peice that threads into another that holds it all together. We actually rigged a tool together using a clamp and some bars and manually unscrewed it that way. Way to go Malibu on making things complicated! LOL! Guess they don't want anyone revamping their original stuff!!!

Are you saying there is a threaded bushing on there? :crazy: I could understand a fender washer.

Thanks for the update. There are a lot of us that will know to look for that now.