Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1994 Echelon

Boating

Hello again,

Still searching for a boat! Thanks for all the replys to my last questions. Still looking into a 97 Sunsetter, but it had some spark issues so I haven't been able to lake test it...should be able to late this week.

Now some more questions.

Looking at a 1994 Echelon...260 horse motor, compression tested good, 450ish hours, interior is fair (prob a 6-7 out of 10), trailer will be a single axle (the old tandem was worn out), has a new tower/bimini.

So a couple of questions...

How much would you pay?

How is the wake for boarding with a little weight added?

It looks like there was a wedge, but now there isn't...did they introduce the wedge this early?

Can you surf at all with these?

Thanks for any input!

Also, can anyone tell me the difference in the Echelon and the Echelon LX? I have been searching but haven't come up with a definitive answer. Thank you

LX = walk through open bow with floor locker

Non LX is closed bow.

Yes on the wedge, these were one of the first with them. All glass construction, as well.

Small and narrow hull responds well to weight for wakeboarding.

Haven't been lucky enough to surf mine yet, but it has been done by others.

Price would be 7-11k depending on condition and options.

Price.

I just bought a 1997 Echelon closed bow with 320 monsoon with 230 hours. The interior is almost perfect but the exterior needs lovin on the oxidized gelcoat. I paid $10k. I would think a 1994 with a 260 Merc would fetch less. Best of luck.

I'd say 9k for a '94 Echelon (closed bow) with no tower and no wedge, interior and exterior in a 7 or 8 out of 10. Some dings, decent trailer (a bit rusty). I'd say 10.5k for the same boat loaded with a wedge, tower & racks, good stereo and similar condition.

I'd say 10.5k for a '94 Echelon LX (open bow) with no tower and no wedge, again interior/exterior/trailer in good shape but not like new. I'd say 12k for the same boat loaded with wedge, tower, racks, stereo, etc.

For a pristine, immaculate Echelon LX with very low hours, Perfect Pass, ballast, etc. I would not pay more than 13k.

Thanks for the replys on pricing, that is within the range I am looking at for this boat.

Regarding the wedge, it does have the brackets, but no actual wedge. Would it have come stock with the brackets, and you could add a wedge as an option? Or has this one been taken off for some reason?

Also, I had wanted a little bigger motor, but I am assuming the 260 hp would be plenty powerful? Am I mistaken? I haven't taken it for a lake test yet, but wanted opinions on this if anyone has experience.

Thanks again for the help

Thanks for the replys on pricing, that is within the range I am looking at for this boat.

Regarding the wedge, it does have the brackets, but no actual wedge. Would it have come stock with the brackets, and you could add a wedge as an option? Or has this one been taken off for some reason?

Also, I had wanted a little bigger motor, but I am assuming the 260 hp would be plenty powerful? Am I mistaken? I haven't taken it for a lake test yet, but wanted opinions on this if anyone has experience.

Just for something to compare to, I bought my 95 Response last May for $8700. It had 440 hours, same 260HP motor, and interior was probably a 7/10. Came with a trailer, no tower or wedge though.

The motor is plenty powerful in my opinion.

I have the Merc 350 carburated engine, which is 265 hp. I barefoot, wakeboard, and we will hopefully surf it this year. Never had a problem with power, it seldoms sees WOT (wide open throttle). Engine size is not a deal breaker in that little boat.