Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Wakesetter power wedge broken

Did not move the wedge when fully weighted. I will try it when I get back home. And have my dealer check it out as well. On vacation now and have 4 days left I don't want to mess with it here and not be able to use the boat.

I do think Malibu should look into this more as it seems to be a common problem.

• 1 month later...

I had this error yesterday. Simply replaced the 20AMP fuse NOT located in the two fuse boxes. I pulled every single fuse in the two fuse boxes before realizing the fuse was outside the boxes in a little dongle thing all by its self.

I have had two vlx's and never one issue with actuators, over 440 hours combined. We use it all the time... I never run wedge past 25% (2-3 clicks up from zero) and never pull it up to stow over 3 mph. I am beginning to question if you run the wedge past 25% does it put too much stress on the actuators? It would be interesting to find out if the failures have any correlation to what type of use the wedge is being used for. I also adjusted my wedge on both boats to fully stow without touching water when not being used and boat is at 15+ mph. Also made sure both shafts are equally adjusted. I also started to lube each shaft with lithium grease after each use. Maybe I am just lucky, I guess time will tell.

• 7 months later...

dk10...There's another thread out here that addresses how to make sure your actuators are properly aligned which may, or may not, be why you're experiencing so many issues. It sounded as if it were a relatively simple adjustment by rotating the actuator several revolutions to make sure they both are the same length, something like that. What may be happening is you're getting differential pressure on one the actuators thus causing it to blow fuses. It seems excessive that you've had to replace your actuators that many times. I can't imagine that they're all bad!

Do you still have all the actuators? If so you may be able to test their functionality by disconnecting them from the wedge and seeing if they extend.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

edit: clarity

Edited by jgates237
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone have an idea what actuators cost?  My issue is that when I go to put the PW down, nothing  moves, the fuse blows, but the boat thinks the PW is down, and acts accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Ithacadan said:

Does anyone have an idea what actuators cost?  My issue is that when I go to put the PW down, nothing  moves, the fuse blows, but the boat thinks the PW is down, and acts accordingly.

Call (or go on-line) Bake's Marine and report back. I may be in the same situation here very shortly. Not sure what yr your boat is but I don't think they make the 3-lobe variants anymore thus requiring a 5-lobe. The guys at Bake's can talk you through the install process. However before buying anything I would go through the extensive troubleshooting options that have been posted on this site as these babies are pricey.

Good luck...

1 hour ago, jwl019 said:
1 hour ago, jwl019 said:

I replaced mine last summer, here is one of the threads on it and it references where I got mine from:

I replaced mine last summer, here is one of the threads on it and it references where I got mi

^^^^Great thread and saves you money to boot!