Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Wakesetter power wedge broken

The wedge on my 2011 VLX is stuck about halfway in between deployed and stowed. Does anyone know where the relays are for the wedge? Or does anyone have anytips?

check the fuses under the dash for the main power input of the Lenco box. My wedge got stuck in the mid position, and the fuses were blown.

You can apply 12v directly to both actuators at the same time to get them to move, there is are plugs near the transom. Proceed with caution if you are not familiar with 12v power systems. Before you do this I'd check the fuses.

Are you getting an error message on your maliview something like "wedge fault, port actuator maxed, current draw failure"

check the fuses under the dash for the main power input of the Lenco box. My wedge got stuck in the mid position, and the fuses were blown.

You can apply 12v directly to both actuators at the same time to get them to move, there is are plugs near the transom. Proceed with caution if you are not familiar with 12v power systems. Before you do this I'd check the fuses.

Are you getting an error message on your maliview something like "wedge fault, port actuator maxed, current draw failure"

Do all years with the power wedge have 2 fuses and a lenco box? I have an 08 lsv and am still having problems with the wedge, can only find the one in the main box, and have back tracked the wires until they dissapear.... no in line fuse...

The wedge on my 2011 VLX is stuck about halfway in between deployed and stowed. Does anyone know where the relays are for the wedge? Or does anyone have anytips?

Are you sure the boat is moving forward when you try and bring it back up?

Boat must "think" it is moving forward in order for the wedge to go up.

BB

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the wedge fault errors. Mine still will move up and down but is making a horrible clicking noise (the actuator is fully extended but keeps trying to go further). i took to dealer and they said one of the actuators are bad... and this is a known problem on the new models (I have a 2011 VLX). They are currently backordered by like 600 units from Malibu.

I am leaving for a lake powell trip. Please give me your input on what I am thinking.

I would like to put down once I am at site... then pull a fuse. Will this cut the power to the wedge and therefore no clicking? Then if need to do a day trip I can just put fuse back in.

Any input from everyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I am getting the wedge fault errors. Mine still will move up and down but is making a horrible clicking noise (the actuator is fully extended but keeps trying to go further). i took to dealer and they said one of the actuators are bad... and this is a known problem on the new models (I have a 2011 VLX). They are currently backordered by like 600 units from Malibu.

I am leaving for a lake powell trip. Please give me your input on what I am thinking.

I would like to put down once I am at site... then pull a fuse. Will this cut the power to the wedge and therefore no clicking? Then if need to do a day trip I can just put fuse back in.

Any input from everyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Anyoen know if this will work. Please add to with any personal experience.

Thanks

Craig

I was out today and had a similar problem, we where out surfing when i went to a just my wedge, the wedge stopped half way down and the wedge fault code port actuator maxed current draw failure came up!! Tried to reset system but would not move, what does this mean??? I had another wedge code come up something to do with balance I think, could it have anything to do with the fat sac in my back left locker??? This is the first time I have used a sac in the boat... PleAse help!!!

I have 3 buddies with power wedges....they have all had issues. happy to report that the poor mans floating wedge is working flawlessly..............

I was out today and had a similar problem, we where out surfing when i went to a just my wedge, the wedge stopped half way down and the wedge fault code port actuator maxed current draw failure came up!! Tried to reset system but would not move, what does this mean??? I had another wedge code come up something to do with balance I think, could it have anything to do with the fat sac in my back left locker??? This is the first time I have used a sac in the boat... PleAse help!!!

I have 3 buddies with power wedges....they have all had issues. happy to report that the poor mans floating wedge is working flawlessly..............

I had the power wedge on my 2007 for 3 years and not a single issue.

Are you guys in salt or brackish water? Do you use them everytime you go out?

Trent

I had the power wedge on my 2007 for 3 years and not a single issue.

Are you guys in salt or brackish water? Do you use them everytime you go out?

Trent

one of the boats is yes in salt the other 2 no.......

as I am in salt I specifically did not want a power wedge...salt kills everything.......... if I did not live on the ocean there is no way i would put a boat like this in salt water.......hard on boats, trailers and even the trucks if you have to dip the rear wheels in even a bit.....

Got three years out of my wedge.... two new actuators this week.... same issue stuck about 2" from being fully stowed. BOAT(Bust Out Another Thousand).

no issues with my wedge.... to the OP, If you are trying to operate your wedge on the trailer or whilst the boat isnt moving, you will only be able to go down and not back up. It is a safety feature to make sure the boat is moving forward so no one is back there and gets caught by the wedge. One trick I used when I had to move the wedge up on the trailer was to get a mate to press the up button whilst I layed under the boat and flicked the paddlewheel so that the boat thought it was moving.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I took ownership of 2013 MXZ22 last month, had issues with wake gate and powerwedge on firts day. Dealer came out to reset etc and things seemed to off worked. Yesterday we went out and got powerwedge malfunction - port actuator has exceeded max amps. I followed this post but did not see resolution to issue - mu wedge is stuck between fully deployed and up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, I took ownership of 2013 MXZ22 last month, had issues with wake gate and powerwedge on firts day. Dealer came out to reset etc and things seemed to off worked. Yesterday we went out and got powerwedge malfunction - port actuator has exceeded max amps. I followed this post but did not see resolution to issue - mu wedge is stuck between fully deployed and up.

I just met someone today who has a 2013 MXZ and he is experiencing the same problem, his wedge is fully deployed stuck in the downward position. We checked the fuses, and they were all good. Even tried to see if it would come up again with flicking the paddle wheel and nothing, just the error code message. He is taking it to the dealer right now, bummer, I hope they can get it repaired quickly for him.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2012 LSV The Power Wedge has work on one of 7 trips to the lake. This really Sucks Having a 80,000 boat and things dont work.!!!! Back to the dealer AGAIN!!!!

I'm curious to the root cause. I have not had one issue on mine, but sucks for those who have. What happens to the folks that are having issues multiple times and the warranty runs out? Seems like a common problem that they should cover beyond the warranty period

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know of a different brand that you can change out too instead of using the Lenco brand? Lenco is crap!

I'm on my 4th set in two seasons & at $800.00 to fix & replace I'm getting tired of it.

Its time for Malibu to step up & recall these with the amount of people having issues with them.

For a 80k to 100k boat, this is completely unacceptable........ Not a happy Malibu owner at this point.

Also, how hard is it to replace myself? Is there a calibration process? Seems like it would be pretty easy.

Does anyone know of a different brand that you can change out too instead of using the Lenco brand? Lenco is crap!

I'm on my 4th set in two seasons & at $800.00 to fix & replace I'm getting tired of it.

Its time for Malibu to step up & recall these with the amount of people having issues with them.

For a 80k to 100k boat, this is completely unacceptable........ Not a happy Malibu owner at this point.

Also, how hard is it to replace myself? Is there a calibration process? Seems like it would be pretty easy.

Your first two posts are not going to make you very welcome here. If you have an issue, post it up and people will respond. Don't find every thread about actuator issues and complain. They are the industry standard for trim tabs, surf tab, wake pate actuators. Do they suck, maybe, but why are your wrecking so many? Seems strange to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue today wedge stuck down. Got the error while surfing. Running full mlS and 2 600 ilbs sacks in rear locker. Got the maxed actuator error. Called my dealer found the fuse to the lyncos box that was 20 amp it was blown. Replaced it and it worked. Wedge went back up. Then put it down and back up to test. Just once.

My question now is the blown fuse the problem or just a by product of a bad actuator since this seems to be a common issue.

Should I run the wedge anymore until my dealer checks it out?

Shouldn't Water addict's 2012 still be under warranty? I don't get it? 4th set in two seasons...That says he's owned the boat from the onset. Shouldn't be costing him anything other than valuable on the water time which I know I'd be pissed off about.

ChrisB...I'd say run it and learn what you can and cannot do with weight. Are you moving the wedge fully weighted? if so that asymmetric load may be too much of a load on the system thus blowing your fuse. Good to figure it out. I'd have a few fuses just in case.

• Like 1