Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

salt water set up

I just recently purchased the salt water package for my 11 vlx. I clean the boat with salt away and still flush after every use. is there anything I can spray on the engine to help coat etc? just wanna keep this baby as nice as possible!! first time Ive ever let my boats touch salt... but I live 4 blocks away, hard not to...

I don't live near any salt, ocean or road and my boat is stored inside so I don't get the normal rust/oxidation seen from storing outside but I have always used WD-40 on my engine block and trailer to keep them looking like new. I am now using CRC Silicon spray and I like twice as much as WD-40. I had read good reviews on it and what I really like is that it seems to perform better as a lubricant and ends up as a dry film instead of oily like WD-40. I could only find it at O'Reilly Auto Parts in my area.

I've put my Bu in salt water many times. The main places I've noticed that need special attention are around anything with a hinge or pivot point. I too have used WD-40 but you need to be real careful around carpet of course. I would ask your local marina what they use in places that are prone to rust and hard to get to for cleaning. Your most effective rust weapon is a thorough cleaning after every use.

just wash it good and trailer after every use and flush after everyuse and spray some silicon on engine, have heard wd40 is no good.

have a 08 vlx saltwater edition and is perfect ..always gets wash and out of water after use and flush... now have new 11 vlx will see some care...

we need to look after our babies

:thumbup: