Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AO vs. PolarBear Coolers

ffdawg

Since there's a GB going on both of these brands right now I'm wondering if anyone's compared the two and have some feedback? I've been looking at both online, but it's hard to tell what, if any, are the differences. Thanks.

Since there's a GB going on both of these brands right now I'm wondering if anyone's compared the two and have some feedback? I've been looking at both online, but it's hard to tell what, if any, are the differences. Thanks.

The GB on AO Coolers is a better deal as a % off if your a paying member to the crew the Polar bear is just a Deal street for everyone. That's what conclusion I came to. They look exactly the same from what I can tell from the pictures....One says that ice will maintain for 24 hours in 120 degrees and the other says 24 hours up to 100 degrees.....I know its only 20 degrees but that is really the only difference I could tell.... :whistle:

One must look deeper into the fine print and personal customer service, to find some of the benefits. Not sure if their is a clear winner yet, as they are both good companys.

FYI I do now own either of them.

I can't speak for AO coolers. I think the Air Junkie crew uses them; maybe Bill will chime in and give some feedback. However, I owned three Polar bear coolers and have had them for over four years. They are extremely durable and will hold ice for a 24 hour period during the hot California summer. The hardware ( zippers, straps, buckles) are still in great shape.

One word of caution, don't over stuff them with bottles, I think the caps caused a small leak in one of the liners(completely my fault). Not sure AO uses the same type of rubber liner or not.

Edited by woody

Yea, we have a couple of AO's carbon backpacks. I've had mine for about 3 yrs now, use it all year round, and stuff the thing full of cans & bottles all the time. It's tough as nails, lots of padding all around, holds probably 20 - 25 drinks, and keeps ice for a day, sometimes even a couple days.

We have ours embroidered with an AJ logo on it too, so there is no mistaking who's it is.

If they end up making one that fits in the Malibu cooler seat, I'll be all over it. I don't expect the stock Malibu cooler to be anywhere near as tough as the AO.

Yea, we have a couple of AO's carbon backpacks. I've had mine for about 3 yrs now, use it all year round, and stuff the thing full of cans & bottles all the time. It's tough as nails, lots of padding all around, holds probably 20 - 25 drinks, and keeps ice for a day, sometimes even a couple days.

We have ours embroidered with an AJ logo on it too, so there is no mistaking who's it is.

If they end up making one that fits in the Malibu cooler seat, I'll be all over it. I don't expect the stock Malibu cooler to be anywhere near as tough as the AO.

:plus1: