Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop question?

92skier

I currently have a 13x13 cvp prop on the skier ( 3 blade ). Wahat would be the difference in going with a 13x13 4 blade oj prop? I have come across one for $150 dollars and wondering if it is worth buying or should I stick to my original plan and go to the acme 13x12 3blade? We mostly ski and slalom behind the boat and wakeboard a little.

I currently have a 13x13 cvp prop on the skier ( 3 blade ). Wahat would be the difference in going with a 13x13 4 blade oj prop? I have come across one for $150 dollars and wondering if it is worth buying or should I stick to my original plan and go to the acme 13x12 3blade? We mostly ski and slalom behind the boat and wakeboard a little.

I have a Michigan Wheel (I think) 13x13 four blade on my '88 Skier. I repowered with a 315 HP engine and it runs the prop no problem,it is definitely smoother than the three blade I was running. We mainly tube and ski with some wakeboarding and it works great all around. The only thing I probably lost was some holeshot performance but the added HP makes up for it. I e-mailed Eric at OJ earlier this year and he recommended a 13x12 three blade-I would contact him first if unsure but it sounds like either one would work OK.

Certainly a good place to start will be contacting Eric at OJ and Bill Weeks at Acme for some feedback. A generalized effect of going to a 4 blade prop would be a gain in low speed performance and a 1-2 mph loss in top end speed. There will be an effect on the wake, not easily described as it is prop dependant. The newer version of props, the CNC'd 3 blades really offer good performance across the entire speed range. Skiing speeds are generally more suited to a 3 blade prop.

The OJ4 Force was a great prop for those era boats. If price were no issuea 3 blade CNC from OJ or ACME is definitly the way to go. But for $150 a 13X13 OJ4 is a good option

The Skier is a similar hull to the Sportster. I have an OJ XMP Edge 13 X 12 CNC'd 3 Blade. I replaced a 13 X 14 OJ Legend (cast) 4 blade. The CNC'd 3 blade gave me better holeshot, better speed holding, and a slightly softer (less turbulent) wake.

Skier-To-Skier is a good source for OJ Props (and other items). :thumbup: