Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

idaho lakes

h20sportsbum

I am possibly going to be moving to the Boise, Id area. I am wondering if anybody out there has any ideas of good places to go. Also are there any private waterski lakes with courses out there, or any public waterski courses. Any insite is greatly helpful.

If you like hot smooth water skiing it is hard to beat the Snake River.

Idaho Power Parks are the hot stroke.

Very curvy roads to get there and away from most civilization.

If it is windy you can drive around the bend and get out of the wind.

Very little boat traffic.

Woodhead, Copperfield, Oxbow, McCormick

http://www.idahopower.com/OurEnvironment/Recreation/parks/default.cfm

You will need a huge Bimini Top, it is hot down in the canyon.

If you like hot smooth water skiing it is hard to beat the Snake River.

Idaho Power Parks are the hot stroke.

Very curvy roads to get there and away from most civilization.

If it is windy you can drive around the bend and get out of the wind.

Very little boat traffic.

Woodhead, Copperfield, Oxbow, McCormick

http://www.idahopowe...rks/default.cfm

You will need a huge Bimini Top, it is hot down in the canyon.

We're going to head back to Woodhead for a week in July. You're right about the smooth water, heat, and little boat traffic.

I'm pretty sure there is a private lake somewhere in Boise with a course. I can't say for sure though. Try to PM mrothwell on this site, he lives there.

Check with Idaho Water Sports. They contact Idaho Boardstock at a private lake in Boise every year. I attended once and really liked the place. They probably will have some other suggestions too.

We did a week at Oxbow last summer...... great water conditions, but sketchy weather. In August, go figure. Still managed to ride a lot & enjoy some great scenery. Doesn't seem like it would be all that close to Boise though.... it's right on the ID / OR border & pretty limited access.

Slideshow of pics are here.

That's the place.

There are 2 lakes at Broadside. One is owned by just 2 people (I think), and the other is a member lake. They are located in Caldwell and it takes a little over 30 minutes from Boise, 10 or 15 from Nampa. There is another lake that does memberships in Caldwell, but I cant recall the name of that lake right now. It's about the same amount of time from Boise, but is much closer to the Eagle area, which is a great place to live.

Lucky Peak reservoir is about 20 minutes from Boise and generally decent skiing, but never warms up too much. It can get a little crowded on weekends. This is my usual family place to go.

Blacks Creek reservoir isn't too far away. I understand it is warmer, but has underwater hazzards, I have never put my boat on it.

Cascade reservoir is a little over an hour away, it's decent sized and the water warms up nice.

Payette Lake is another half hour beyond cascade and is beautiful, but water stays brisk. This is a resort town.

Owyhee reservoir is about 1:45 away and in Oregon. It is a long canyon lake that the water warms up really nice. It is big enough that you can find good water and have little boat traffic.

There are places on the Snake to boat, down in the Hagerman valley and Burley areas - I have not had my boat there, but are quite popular. They are a couple hours away.

If you want to camp for a few days on a beautiful mountain lake, Redfish lake is about 3 hours away. It sits at about 7000 ft and the water is approximately 1 degree above freezing (at least it certainly feels that way). But it is still one of my favorite places.

Of course, there is always Lake Powell. It's an easy 10 - 12 hour drive. lol.

...There is another lake that does memberships in Caldwell...

Is that the one off Nicholas (or is it Nicholson?)

If it's the one I'm thinking of I've been by there a few times while visiting by brother in Caldwell. We've never seen anyone there, always wondered if they did memberships.

Is that the one off Nicholas (or is it Nicholson?)

If it's the one I'm thinking of I've been by there a few times while visiting by brother in Caldwell. We've never seen anyone there, always wondered if they did memberships.

No, it is off Middleton Road.

I have heard of one more lake in the valley, but dont know where it is and dont think it has any memberships. That may be the one you have seen.