Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil pressure sending unit PART #

Searched the site for this part # for the oil pressure sending unit with no results. Looking for a NAPA # or equivalent. Or is this top secret classified info??

2001 monsoon engine

Searched the site for this part # for the oil pressure sending unit with no results. Looking for a NAPA # or equivalent. Or is this top secret classified info??

2001 monsoon engine

BAKES:

OilPressureLG.jpg Sensor Indmar Oil Pressure Sending Unit Product Description:

Oil pressure sending unit used in Indmar and most other tournament boat manufactures.

Product Specs:

• Bullet02.gif Standard 0-80 PSI 240-33 Ohm
  • Bullet02.gif Not for Indmar 2006+ with 3 Wire Plug Digital Sensor
  • Bullet02.gif 1/8" Pipe Thread (don't use teflon sealant, it will give the sending unit a bad ground)
  • Bullet02.gif 10/32 Stud with common ground (one wire sending unit)

Bakes Price: $46.99

• 1 year later...

I replaced oil pressure sender on my 2001 SLXi with Teleflex-Sierra 18-5899 ($23.17 at Amazon.com) and it fixed erratic readings at idle and low RPMs.

Don't try NAPA OP6748, it doesn't work, learned this first hand. Sender must be designed for marine engines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just ordered this for my 2001 VLX Wakesetter. Does anyone know if the dash alarm and the gauge for oil pressure use the same sensors? Meaning... are there redundant systems, or do they all share the same sensors? I hear "oil pressure switch" and "oil pressure sender" and I don't really know which one I'll be needing to replace, so I guess I'll do both?

Just ordered this for my 2001 VLX Wakesetter. Does anyone know if the dash alarm and the gauge for oil pressure use the same sensors? Meaning... are there redundant systems, or do they all share the same sensors? I hear "oil pressure switch" and "oil pressure sender" and I don't really know which one I'll be needing to replace, so I guess I'll do both?

There are two sensors. The one above is for your gauge, there is another sensor mounted next to it that is for the alarm

• 3 years later...
On 7/7/2014 at 10:41 AM, racer808 said:

There are two sensors. The one above is for your gauge, there is another sensor mounted next to it that is for the alarm

Any ideas on a PN for the one that triggers the alarm? I’m thinking Indmar SKU#645006 or NAPA PART #MPE OP6662SB.

• 8 months later...

Here is my problem.  My "new" oil pressure gauge shows zero and I have the alarm along with the message on the display stating "OIL PRESSURE 0".  This is on a 2003 Monsoon 340 and I do have good oil pressure.  Do I need to change both the oil sending unit and the oil pressure switch?  What else could cause the gauge to read zero.

Thanks,

I just replaced mine on my 00 sportster today. I used the same part number on amazon of Sierra 18-5899 I used Teflon tape. some people say no some people say yes. but once I take it out to the water and it doesn't show a reading than I will take off the Teflon and install it without Teflon. Hope it fixes my problem. my oil pressure gauge needle was jumping from halfway to full at low speeds. Tested the old oil sender with a multimeter and the readings were bouncing too same as the gauge. 

4 hours ago, 9452772 said:

Here is my problem.  My "new" oil pressure gauge shows zero and I have the alarm along with the message on the display stating "OIL PRESSURE 0".  This is on a 2003 Monsoon 340 and I do have good oil pressure.  Do I need to change both the oil sending unit and the oil pressure switch?  What else could cause the gauge to read zero.

Thanks,

If they have never been replaced I would replace both.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 3:00 PM, cWonka said:

Any ideas on a PN for the one that triggers the alarm? I’m thinking Indmar SKU#645006 or NAPA PART #MPE OP6662SB.

Is this part number for NAPA part good or is there a better one to use. It was stated above to not use napa but rather marine number?

• 11 months later...

I always buy my parts from www.bakesonline.com. yes they may cost a bit more but they are always the exact replica of the prior part. I was having the exact same problem, replaced both of these parts and it works perfectly now.  I have 2003 Wakesetter LSV

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-oil-pressure-sending-unit-sensor.html

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-oil-pressure-switch-sensor.html

7 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

The 250% markup is a bit much, no?

Send me  link of your exact comparison part that is 250% less

Go ahead and pay $78 for a $27 part. (And you can get a fully functional sender for under $20 if you Google around).  You do realize that these things are pretty much all the same, right?  They are not made of Unobtanium.

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

The 250% markup is a bit much, no?

2 hours ago, natefgreen11 said:

Send me  link of your exact comparison part that is 250% less

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Go ahead and pay $78 for a $27 part. (And you can get a fully functional sender for under $20 if you Google around).  You do realize that these things are pretty much all the same, right?  They are not made of Unobtanium.

The one I posted here is $16.49:

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, MadMan said:

Napa numbers:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHOP6091

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MPEOP6091SB

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MPEOP6091SB

I wouldn't have any problem using these in a marine environment. 

Makes the Bakes one 377% more.  If you use the 10% coupon at the NAPA site, the Bakes one is 430% more.

Edited by MadMan

Go to an auto parts store, tell them you have a 350 Camero, Suburban for a reference, show them the parts.  It is easy and cheap.  GM made millions of these engines, parts are everywhere and cheap.  Be smart.

13 minutes ago, dlb said:

Go to an auto parts store, tell them you have a 350 Camero, Suburban for a reference, show them the parts.  It is easy and cheap.  GM made millions of these engines, parts are everywhere and cheap.  Be smart.

Went that route. Still alarm but verified oil pressure is fine. So now I am wondering if there is a difference.

Steve B.

formulaben
On 7/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, Steve B. said:

Went that route. Still alarm but verified oil pressure is fine. So now I am wondering if there is a difference.

The one you changed is for the dash indicator only, the one next to it is for the ECM and triggers the alarm...that's assuming it is the oil alarm.

2r289lk.jpg

formulaben

BEEP CODES — the 4 maintenance items that can trigger the beeper are:

•  High engine water temperature (>203*)
  •  Low oil pressure (<6 PSI)
  •  High transmission temperature (>140?*)
  •  A diagnostics trouble code (knock sensor, etc.)

Thanks formulaben,

I think first, I'll buy the "marine" version of the oil switch that goes to the ecm and go from there. I did try to just remove the wire from it and see if the alarm would go away and it didn't. I also did it with the temp sending unit. No luck. Dont want to hijack this thread, but I will follow-up.

Steve B.

20 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Thanks formulaben,

I think first, I'll buy the "marine" version of the oil switch that goes to the ecm and go from there. I did try to just remove the wire from it and see if the alarm would go away and it didn't. I also did it with the temp sending unit. No luck. Dont want to hijack this thread, but I will follow-up.

Steve B.

I'm thinking if the oil pressure alarm switch/sender is bad, the beeping continues regardless of whether the wire is attached.  If the the oil pressure switch is ok, the beeping should stop when the wire is attached.