Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time out checklist?

mofaster

Headed out next week for the first time as a new Wakesetter owner (2005 LSV 23). Can you guys give me a quick do's/don't checklist? Like where the plugs are to be put in, etc. I read the manual, but always looking for more "hands on" experience.

Thanks in advance, you guys have been a great help and resource!

Headed out next week for the first time as a new Wakesetter owner (2005 LSV 23). Can you guys give me a quick do's/don't checklist? Like where the plugs are to be put in, etc. I read the manual, but always looking for more "hands on" experience.

Thanks in advance, you guys have been a great help and resource!

The plugs go anywhere you have a hole in the bottom of the boat.

^^^^^^ :rofl:

I assume that all your yearly maintenance has been done and you're just looking for a checklist for when you hit the water.

This is my first year as well, and here are a few things I did.

Check trailer tires for proper air pressure (including spare) and ensure the brake fluid is topped off.

Make sure batteries have a good charge.

Put plugs in. Sorry, I can't help you on all your locations. I just have 1 to worry about, as the one closer to the ski locker has been plumbed for add on ballast by the former owner of my boat.

Get boat in water, but keep it latched to the winch. Make sure it starts up and check that you have good oil pressure, etc. before releasing it from the trailer.

Let engine warm up and ensure it stabilizes around 160 degrees, confirming the water pump and t-stat are functioning properly.

Check shaft packing drip rate and adjust if necessary, unless you have the dripless packing. Sorry, someone else can chime in on what year that started as I don't know.

Shut down the engine before running it hard and check that oil level, tranny, and vdrive fluids are all at proper levels.

Go have fun :rockon:

I'm sure I've left off things, but others can help fill in what I missed.

My best advice is:

CREATE YOUR OWN CHECKLIST :rockon:

I have any number of checklists on my computer for the different activities I do.

That works great because I can edit them, change the sequence, and add to them over time.

I have one for just trailer camping.

I have one for boat camping.

I have one for dry camping under my pickup canopy for overnighters in the Cascades.

The great thing is even though I print them out, if I lose the list I always have a copy on my computer.

So start creating your own today and add to it when you think of it and you will have a good list for you.