Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 23 LSV wakesurfing

ChuckyP

Anyone have experience weighting an 00-03 LSV 23 for surfing? Any input from owners of this year boat or if you have ridden one would be great! Wakemakers has an 1100 made for the rear locker and under the seat like the 1300 for the newer LSV. I am considering the 750 or 1100 custom sacks and maybe tubes in the bow. Anyone have pics or videos from this boat with 750's in the locker plus mid and front weight or has anyone tried the 1100 in this boat? Alternatives that have worked? Thanks!

Anyone have experience weighting an 00-03 LSV 23 for surfing? Any input from owners of this year boat or if you have ridden one would be great! Wakemakers has an 1100 made for the rear locker and under the seat like the 1300 for the newer LSV. I am considering the 750 or 1100 custom sacks and maybe tubes in the bow. Anyone have pics or videos from this boat with 750's in the locker plus mid and front weight or has anyone tried the 1100 in this boat? Alternatives that have worked? Thanks!

Search is your friend.

Search is your friend.

Wealth of info on the newer LSV via search for wakesurfing or ballast, but I haven't see much on the older model. Since LSV is not allowed on search terms there is quite a bit to wade through!

Here is one example.

You are right, there isn't a ton of info on older models as the hull design wasn't as conducive to surfing. That said, some of the same principles go. And as far as LSV being a dis-allowed search term, I don't know where you got that idea from as I am able to search just fine for that.

I have an 04 LSV... MLS with manual wedge...

It took a while to get the surf wake dialed... (that means we had to keep adding weight)... here's the set up we now use:

- MLS ballast - center and rear

- 750 sac in the rear compartment

- 400 sac under the middle seats

- 400 sac on front seat (75% full)

- 10 - 12.5 MPH (I surf at 12.5, but not sure if its 100% correct)

- Wedge - I have the manual wedge, it depends on how many people whether its up or down; sometimes it's cleaner up

- usually 4 to 5 adults

This should give you a really nice surf wake. Nobody should be disappointed. Also, I like the Pro X Series fat sacs. They fit perfect in the Malibu compartments. (Other than the one on the front seat)

What I've found is that it's hard to get the wide body LSV to sink for a good surf wake. But it is possible, as noted.

My friend has an '09 V-Ride. He can go standard ballast with one 400 in the rear and it is as steep as mine (not as firm or long though... hey!!).

Good luck!! Post up your final result when you get it dialed.

I guess the other thing I'd add is that weight distribution made a big difference with my boat. Having all the weight in the back wasn't as good as having it distributed accross the side. Moving people and ballast along the surf side made the wake better than having everyone crammed in the back corner.

I have an 04 LSV... MLS with manual wedge...

It took a while to get the surf wake dialed... (that means we had to keep adding weight)... here's the set up we now use:

- MLS ballast - center and rear

- 750 sac in the rear compartment

- 400 sac under the middle seats

- 400 sac on front seat (75% full)

- 10 - 12.5 MPH (I surf at 12.5, but not sure if its 100% correct)

- Wedge - I have the manual wedge, it depends on how many people whether its up or down; sometimes it's cleaner up

- usually 4 to 5 adults

This should give you a really nice surf wake. Nobody should be disappointed. Also, I like the Pro X Series fat sacs. They fit perfect in the Malibu compartments. (Other than the one on the front seat)

What I've found is that it's hard to get the wide body LSV to sink for a good surf wake. But it is possible, as noted.

My friend has an '09 V-Ride. He can go standard ballast with one 400 in the rear and it is as steep as mine (not as firm or long though... hey!!).

Good luck!! Post up your final result when you get it dialed.

yours is a completely different hull from the OP's. Beautiful boat tho!

yours is a completely different hull from the OP's. Beautiful boat tho!

Thanks...

That's why I love this site... so much knowledge...

Chucky - don't listen to me... :crazy: except do buy lots of ballast and tweak it... :rockon:

I have a 2000 23 ft LSV with the diamond hull. Over the winter I added an 1100# automated sac on the wakesurf side and a 750# sac on the other side to help wakeboard wake. Have been on the lake several times already this spring and I have been able to surf ropeless as long as I want. I have 300# in bow, center mls about 350 or 400# and with the 1100# sac filled with the manual wedge down at 10.5 mph. That is with my wife and myself. I have played with the speed and 10.5 seems to work best on my boat. Plenty of push and I'm able to move back on the wake with no problems. I have just started wakesurfing this year and I'm using a Inland Surfer squirt. Really happy with the way it turned out. I will post some pictures in the near future. Let me know if you need any help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2003 23LSV (Diamond Hull). Our crew primarily surfs on the starboard (goofy) side. We can get a decent surf wave with:

factoy rear ballast full

factory center ballast 1/2 full

540 in the rear locker

300 under the starboard side seat (behind the driver)

540 on top of the starboard side seat (behind the driver)

manual wedge down

2 people in boat

10.0-12.0 mph

With this set up a 250lb surfer can ride ropeless no problem.

martinarcher

Search or contact member Brad B. He has the highly coveted diamond hull LSV as well and surfs up a storm on it.

Check this thread he posted a few years back.

LOL.gif I miss him talking about it.