Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spark Plug Change on 07 383 HH

Wow what a pain :rant:

I am at 300 hrs and had some time so I thought why not do the major service since I have changed the oil & trany every 50 I thought this would be a cake walk. You guys sold me on the NKG and I gaped them at .45 and was ready. Well I was wrong. I love the way the shiny aluminum exhaust risers look but what I did not know was that every plug had about 1/4" clearance and the water line fittings were right in the way.

SO I find the snap-on 5/8" shorty socket order it on line 8 days later Im in business - well I thought the guy they stuffed in the bag on oceans 11 had a tight spot I needed him here. Long story but next time it goes to the dealer at least I will get 2 years out of these. I think I have 8 hrs into changing 8 plugs and to think I used to enjoy this stuff.

Sometimes things do get better with time... I changed the plugs in my 08 lsv w/hammerhead... it took about an hour. Just had to undo the water lines and move the tranny cooler up and out of the way and access to the right side plugs was smooth.... left side had nothing in the way