Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What size box anchor did I buy

shawndoggy

Small seems like it would hold the queen mary. Holy shnikes it's beefy. Shore spike is impressive too.

There are a few good deals to be had on craigslist if you look .... :innocent:

I had a small and then I went for the x-small so it was easier to stow. The x-small is is still PLENTY of anchor for a ski boat.

I was suprised to when I got my small box anchor in the in the mail too. I think it is OVERKILL

Edited by 83greentoy

i want an x small i have a small will trade if some one want a bigger one :crazy:

I will be buying a small one in the next few weeks. PM me maybe we can work something out.

Well, I guess a direct answer to your question would be based on your ruler it looks like a 12 to 13 inch box anchor. :innocent:

See size does matter ...... :yahoo::cheers:

If you want to quickly downsize to the x-small box anchor, have your wife toss the small one over the side of the boat without checking to see if the rope is properly attached. It worked for me! :biggrin:

Edited by ColinP

Can anyone tell from this picture what size box anchor this is? Ruler is 6" for reference. It seems quite a bit meatier than I was expecting....

5643829343_10c2367423_b.jpg

I have the same one, they are awesome... You will really like it, just make sure an dont drop it on your gelcoat... they are a little heavy but will hold like no other anchor! To get it to release you need to be directly over the anchor and give it a good yank.... I do like how they fold up and stow away...

Thumbs up from me on the box anchor :)

I'll be buying a box anchor, so from this thread, the PWC one, is the one to buy? I'll be anchoring on a lake, and not river.

THanks

I guess it depends on what your doing with it. I bought the small & have a 21' Vride. Ryan at Slide Anchor told me it should be good for 2 or 3 boats. I found the box anchor collapses down smaller than the 13 lb fluke I have (and have drug all over Banks lake on more than one occasion). I'm looking forward to setting the box anchor & not worrying about it.

I have a small (one size up from the x-small that is the PWC) and I've been the anchor for 5 boats at a Malibu wakeboard comp on a very very small lake. The floatilla never moved, surprised everyone made it out alive but it didn't move.

I'll be buying a box anchor, so from this thread, the PWC one, is the one to buy? I'll be anchoring on a lake, and not river.

THanks

No, for a VLX you need the small one (identical to the one I would trade to you).

For an LSV (mine), the X-small is the right one.

It's not my rule, it's regulation.

:whistle:

No, for a VLX you need the small one (identical to the one I would trade to you).

For an LSV (mine), the X-small is the right one.

It's not my rule, it's regulation.

:whistle:

Isn't the LSV larger than the VLX? :unsure:

Isn't the LSV larger than the VLX? :unsure:

Now days yes.

I think I'd ask the guys at Slide Anchor about using the x-small with these boats. Seems like it would be fine till you had a little wind or current.

Now days yes.

I think I'd ask the guys at Slide Anchor about using the x-small with these boats. Seems like it would be fine till you had a little wind or current.

The LSV has always been longer than the VLX. :crazy: The previous '00-'03 22'6" (LSV) vs. the VLX is 21'. In '04 the LSV was lengthened to 23' but also offered in the 25' (discontinued) and the 24'7" models and the VLX grew to 21'6".

The LSV has always been longer than the VLX. :crazy: The previous '00-'03 22'6" (LSV) vs. the VLX is 21'. In '04 the LSV was lengthened to 23' but also offered in the 25' (discontinued) and the 24'7" models and the VLX grew to 21'6".

Gotcha, thanks Dad. :lol:

I was goin by Soon2BV's signature where he lists a "2008 Sunscape 21LSV".

Didn't sound familiar (I knew LSVs in 08 were 23' long). Wasn't sure what all years the 25' or 247 were made.