Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titian I Question

Monk

Crew: We are looking to add some tower speaker this spring like a lot of folks. Equipment they will hang on is a Titan I. Looking to do one of the 6.5 tower speaker set ups like the kicker kn6500.2 or somthing like that. Can it be done and look good, or are we better off just hanging 4 speakers with a good fit? I know the Titan II could support six cans. Never seen a Titan I with six hanging. Any photo's would be welcomed. Thanks for the help.

Hey monk, just so you know the integrity between the series 1 and the series 2 is exactly the same. Both are super strong made of the 2.25 Stainless steel and has the best stability, regardless of what you choose to put on it, compared to any other tower on the market. As far as getting the best sound vs number of speakers on the tower i would go with the Alpha 1 kicker horn system. its 2 horn and 2 6.5 mid speakers..... it SCREAMS!!!

you can see a picture of the horn system here:

http://menacewatersports.com/shop-v1.0/viewitem.php?groupid=6&productid=19

I have four dBot5 8" speakers across mine.... my wife calls it "stupid loud". You can't sit in the back seat with them cranked up.

I doubt you'll get 6 across under the top bar. But you could mount them above the bar, up & down inside & out of the vertical bars. I'm sure you could get at least 14 or 16 that way. :Doh:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Hey monk, just so you know the integrity between the series 1 and the series 2 is exactly the same. Both are super strong made of the 2.25 Stainless steel and has the best stability, regardless of what you choose to put on it, compared to any other tower on the market. As far as getting the best sound vs number of speakers on the tower i would go with the Alpha 1 kicker horn system. its 2 horn and 2 6.5 mid speakers..... it SCREAMS!!!

you can see a picture of the horn system here:

http://menacewatersports.com/shop-v1.0/viewitem.php?groupid=6&productid=19

Sold on the titan towers all the way. Looked @ the Alpha 1 kicker horn system, like it a lot, wanting to try and do the six pack for surfing and cove sitting. If I would add an addtional 2 alphas with the kicker km6500 would they fit on the upper tube? I do not thinks so, but I have nothing to base this on. Any experiences with a six pack alpha/kicker set up?

Rockon.gif Those speakers rock.

Martinarcher good looking set up. Been putting off this project until i felt comfortable with a system. One that would product the best sound for skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and cove relaxation. A softer sound not just a hard horn blasting out the back of the boat, blowing out everyone sitting in the back. Now that might all change once I listen to the Kicker setup. Trying to find a dealer in my area that has a set up like this (kicker 4 pack or six pack) has proven to be a hurdle. But I am sure I'll find one. Thanks for the photo of your set up, enjoy it this up coming season.

I have four dBot5 8" speakers across mine.... my wife calls it "stupid loud". You can't sit in the back seat with them cranked up.

I doubt you'll get 6 across under the top bar. But you could mount them above the bar, up & down inside & out of the vertical bars. I'm sure you could get at least 14 or 16 that way. :Doh:

No! No need to have that crazy number of speakers on the tower. Just want to use the top bar only like your very clean setup. So given I'll only have room for only 4 speakers, I might have to re-think the Kicker setup. Size now matters. I liked you double mirror setup. Are they both the same or different for better adjustment to keep an eye on the skier/wakeboarder/surfer crossing the wakes? Looking to add a mirror or two this spring also. Thanks for the photos and info.

Thanks Monk,

The mirrors are both the same, made by Menace/Star One, formerly Titan. I have had a dual mirror setup on a previous boat & liked the full view behind & to both sides of the boat, but when I was trying to get this one dialed in, Titan & Malibu were going thru their revamping. I pulled the trigger on this setup because I didn't know if I would be able to get them any longer. It works pretty well.

I think you'll find that if you put 4 speakers up top, plus the interior (I have 6 interior, plus the sub), and amp it all correctly, it will be crazy loud in & behind the boat. There are a few guys on this site who can help you build the right amps & speakers to get it up there. And the Titan is strong enough to support just about any setup you want.

martinarcher

Martinarcher good looking set up. Been putting off this project until i felt comfortable with a system. One that would product the best sound for skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and cove relaxation. A softer sound not just a hard horn blasting out the back of the boat, blowing out everyone sitting in the back. Now that might all change once I listen to the Kicker setup. Trying to find a dealer in my area that has a set up like this (kicker 4 pack or six pack) has proven to be a hurdle. But I am sure I'll find one. Thanks for the photo of your set up, enjoy it this up coming season.

Thanks man. I put the system together, but Skier_88 is rocking my Skier now. Rockon.gif

Sold on the titan towers all the way. Looked @ the Alpha 1 kicker horn system, like it a lot, wanting to try and do the six pack for surfing and cove sitting. If I would add an addtional 2 alphas with the kicker km6500 would they fit on the upper tube? I do not thinks so, but I have nothing to base this on. Any experiences with a six pack alpha/kicker set up?

Hey Monk just talked to Brett who rides behind a boat with the kicker horn set up all he said was

"i couldn't imagine 2 more speakers... my ears would probably bleed"

Like Bill said, the amp is key. 4 well powered speakers can be just as good if not better then 6.

• 1 year later...

Hey Monk just talked to Brett who rides behind a boat with the kicker horn set up all he said was

"i couldn't imagine 2 more speakers... my ears would probably bleed"

Like Bill said, the amp is key. 4 well powered speakers can be just as good if not better then 6.

Wakenymph: I am sure they are loud, The additional pair would be for surfing and cove parking. If six speakers would fit on a titan I ????

Wife is up in arms. Still have not gotten a system or installed one yet. Everything is wired and ready for what ever speaker setup I go with. Has anyone used the Kicker enclosures on their tower, if so how many have you been able to install? Any head room? Has anyone found a enclosure they like the looks of and fits the titan I well? Thanks everyone I have to pull the trigger before the season gets started for us. One month out and counting

monk.