Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to weight this boat

Fitz33

Hey Crew, I bought a 2002 wakesetter lsv, and I am looking for the best way to set this up for wake boarding and surfing! It has the factory MLS with the hard tanks but I'm sure it will need more weight. The boat has a wedge also. Another question, when I pull the hard tanks from the lockers, what will I need to plumb the new sacs into the automatic fills?

Hey Crew, I bought a 2002 wakesetter lsv, and I am looking for the best way to set this up for wake boarding and surfing! It has the factory MLS with the hard tanks but I'm sure it will need more weight. The boat has a wedge also. Another question, when I pull the hard tanks from the lockers, what will I need to plumb the new sacs into the automatic fills?

Anybody have this boat? How do you think 2 750's in the back will wok?

Congratulations on the new boat! How you weight the boat will depend on whether you're using it for wakeboarding, wakesurfing, or both. For more info read this guide to wakeboard ballast.

In short though, for wakeboarding you want the weight evenly distributed throughout the entire boat, so 50% in front and 50% in the rear. That means you'll need more weight up front if you want to run the 750's full for wakeboarding, but you can always fill them partially.

For wakeboarding you want 700-1000 pounds of weight in the rear corner on the surf side, so the 750 is ideal for that application, and as that's the largest bag that will fit in that generation LSV, it's the one you want if you'll be using the boat for surfing.

Most people elect to use the Flow-RIte fitting system for the connections to the bags so they can easily remove the bags for cleaning, storage or winterization. You'll also need some additional hose to extend some of the connections, as the ports on the bag are in a different place than the ports on the tank.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a new to me 04 23LSV. My good friend and local Malibu Mechanic introduced me to the seller. He did a custom ballast system in the boat a year prior to my acquisition. Two 1550 lb sacks in both side engine compartments that continue up underneath the side seat compartments(full length on the right side.....with room at the end for 2-3 life jackets). And a 1000 lb sack in the forward locker and under the front seats. 3 high flow pumps(forget the man and model....tsunami's maybe?). I can get about 1400 lbs on the surf side.....just not enough room under the seat and locker to fill all the way. I have a manual wedge on order.....previous owner sold his. I can tell you this is the setup to have.....might be over kill but when it's just you and your lady or just one buddy out there......more than enough to push a strong wake.......and with a setup like this.....you will always have a boat load!