Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Leaking Water...HELP

Over the winter we purchased our first boat, a 2007 Vride. We put the boat in for the 1st time yesterday and i notice a small leak. I took the boat back out today and the leak continued. The water was coming from below the steering wheel on floor where you feet would normally go. Water was also coming out of the heater tube in the walk way to the bow. The water was very very hot. It wasn't a constant flow but it continued thru out the day. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks

Sounds like your heater core froze over the winter. I always get a new core but some guys on here say that your core can be fixed at a radiator shop. Until you get your new core, you can bypass your leaky core.

Edited by eyepeeler

Sounds like your heater core froze over the winter. I always get a new core but some guys on here say that your core can be fixed at a radiator shop. Until you get your new core, you can bypass your leaky core.

:plus1: improper winterization.

Congratulations on the new Bu'

You were exactly right. The dealer is going to send someone down to fix it for us. Thanks so much.

Good thing. It is not a fun job being a sardine.

Congrats on the new boat. It's gonna be a great summer, huh! :rockon:

There is a Winterization Mod thread posted that shows how you can add garden hose quick disconnects in your heater lines. This allows you to easily break the heater hoses apart so they drain into the bilge.

I've had better luck using Prestone Radiator Flush Ts in the heater lines. Only because I find it's easier for me to put the cap on/off one handed rather than reconnect the hoses one handed (hoses are down low in the bilge). But it's basically the same idea. Remove the cap, heater core drains into the bilge.

One issue a couple of us have had doing these mods is that the heater core was installed with the hose inlet/outlets on the top side of the core. So the heater will never drain on it's own. By positioning the heater core so that the hoses are on the bottom side, the heater will drain with just gravity.

Might be a good time to do either or both of these mods while the dealer is in there messing around. :rockon:

Good luck.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Thanks for the tips. So far I have loved the Vride. Lets just say its a huge upgrade from wake boarding behind an outboard motor. Can't wait to back out on the lake again