Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 VTX front ballast

shane

At the end of last season the front ballast tank on my 08 VTX would lose about 1/4 to 1/2 a tank . The carpet does not get wet there is some water in the bilige . Has any one had the same concern ? Any help would be great .

We had that happen on our 2010 VLX last season but found it to be the hose on the drain pump had come loose. We didn't see any water on the carpet and it was a mystery until we started to check all of the connections.

Your issue could be passive draining from the fill line which could be due to the vented hose loop being defective or broken. if you are surfing a lot the vent and drain thru-hull fittings could be lower than the top of the tank which would cause it to drain. This is all I can think of on a Sunday night. Hopefully it is something small.

if it was leaking in to the boat, especially a 1/2 the sac u would see the water. pretty much I would focus on the water draining out the intake pump. one way to check is to put the boat on the trailer with a bit of water in the sac, if you pull it out and water runs out the intake u have found the issue.....I think, but I could be wrong, sometime I am right though.....when the moon is full.....Unsure.gif...ahh who really knows

I have seen them fail. Try taking the cap off of the anti siphon valve and clean the duck bill. You can soak it in white vinegar for a couple hours to dissolve any salt or calcium that may be stopping the flapper from flapping. I think Paul at Bakes sells the replacement duck bill and cap so you don't have to buy the entire 3/4" Vented Loop Anti-siphon Valve. Good luck.

Thanks for all the help . There is not an anti siphon on the bow ballast tank .I found the other 3 anti siphon valves . I will back flow the pump to see if water flows through it .I will add an anti siphon valve to the bow ballast .

Thanks for all the help . There is not an anti siphon on the bow ballast tank .I found the other 3 anti siphon valves . I will back flow the pump to see if water flows through it .I will add an anti siphon valve to the bow ballast .

I wasn't thinking. There is no anti siphon valve on the bow tank since it is above the floor. You could add a 3/4" inline check valve to the fill line. Sorry, I was way off on that one.

inline check value and u are set.....and look for a flapper one not a spring loaded one, as some of the spring loaded ones I am told can restrict flow, flappers do not.