Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you ride?

hethj7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• Michigan boarder

• hethj7

• winddawg

Wake Board: LF Lyman, had slinshot driver bindings from my recoil, but they sucked on it, so I'll probably go with the new slingshot rad bindings and probably go back to slingshot next year for my board, or maybe the hyperlite system. Gotta do some demoing.

Skyski

Surfboard: Grindwater mauka

2010 Liquid Force Watson with 2009 Shane Bindings Limited Closetoe bindings.

Light, responsive, great pop, and soft landings. Bindings offer support but also a little flex to tweak it out and grab.

Before this rode a 2005 Liquid Force Watson with Sphynx bindings for 5 seasons....very similar feel, just new one has a little more pop and softer landings. Feel more locked in and responsive to smaller movements with the closed toe bindings.

Surfboards we have 2

- Liquid Force Venture 5'6" - we call it the cadillac. Easy to get up on, don't need huge wave, easy to go ropeless, and just cruise

- shred stixx - piranha 4'8" - much more responsive, great to cut and slash at the wake, but need a bigger wave.

For skiing it's an old HO CDX1.

My wife an I use the same hyperlite wakeboard....not sure what model:)

And I just traded in my Sky Ski for a new Inland Surfer Blue Lake......lovin it!!!!!

And when we want to laugh until we cry we put the two man tube out back and see how long it takes to crack some skulls together!

Just in case anyone wants an upgrade I have an 08 Hyperlite Tribute 137 for sale. No bindings. Let me know if you are interested. The board was just too small for me.

Waiting for summer to ride my new Monarch 56"

Slalom (the only thing that matters) = HO Syndicate A1 w/ double Approach bindings :rockon:

Also own:

A sweet old Connelly Hook (beautiful wood ski)

HO CDX-1

Obrien Siege

Really old HO Mach 1

+ the Bootless Deathstick™ :biggrin:

Wakeboard = Hyperlite Premiere

Wakeskate = Hyperlite Gate (I think) :dontknow:

Surfboards = Unity California Model pintail (from the late 70's) 6'7" single fin (good big wave board), an 5'9" ET swallow tail tri-fin, & a custom 5'4" Kanoa that my dad had made for me for my 9th birthday (mid-70's). They are all ocean boards because, uh... that's were the real surfing happens. :rockon:

Edited by NorCaliBu

2003 Obrien Andy Mapple (68)

2005 Hyperlite state 135

2009 TWP composite X 3.5

1989 Barefeet

Dude, I have underwear older than your feet! Thing is I don't feel that old, which is a good thing.

To answer the post -

09 68" Radar Annex w/Wileys - lovin' this ski

~2001 ish Parks Hyperlite. I think it is a 142 w/Wileys

~2005 K2 Apache Outlaws 182 is what I am riding now though!

Edited by MalibuTime

Hydrofoil

SkySki LE lightweight board with Evo tower

Foiltech 39inch t-bar, Foiltech upward winglet front wing, heavily modified/reshaped Xtreme Viper rear wing

Cinch belt, footstays & footwraps.

Skis, disc, kneeboard, wakeboard, bare feet

Ha! I know, it's a disgrace. But I've slalomed since I was 12, and have never been thru a course or had a course available. Just got bored with recreational skiing. If I had a course, and a goal, I'd be all over it.

I think Michigan boarder needs to get a Sky Ski ... so I can try it.

For me HO Magnum with Animal bindings, Sling Shot Repsonse 145 wakeboard.

I think Michigan boarder needs to get a Sky Ski ... so I can try it.

For me HO Magnum with Animal bindings, Sling Shot Repsonse 145 wakeboard.

Yeah, what the heck. I could use it like normal, then after a while give the "throttle up" sign, loosen the strap and step right out of it barefooting. Just like that.

Upgrading skyskis feels abotu as expensive as upgrading boats. Going to start the upgrading process as I get better, right now I can jump it and don't see the point of adding $2000 to it, though I am going to add the cinch bindings this year

Cinchmax FootStays ROCK! :rockon:

There is no better. Just remember to get the little pads for them too. The velcro is a bit rough on the footsies. :crazy:

Amazing how many foils in this list. Malibunation & Michigan boarder, wish I could help you guys hook up with a rider in your area. Lots of foil riders in MN, a couple in OH & WI. Not sure why we don't know of riders in MI. Might be time to join us at a WOW! :yahoo:

BTW, Cjay, I agree. Upgrading these things is rough. It took me years to get to the ski I'm on now.... upgrading seats, boards & foils a little at a time.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Cinchmax FootStays ROCK! :rockon:

There is no better. Just remember to get the little pads for them too. The velcro is a bit rough on the footsies. :crazy:

Amazing how many foils in this list. Malibunation & Michigan boarder, wish I could help you guys hook up with a rider in your area. Lots of foil riders in MN, a couple in OH & WI. Not sure why we don't know of riders in MI. Might be time to join us at a WOW! :yahoo:

BTW, Cjay, I agree. Upgrading these things is rough. It took me years to get to the ski I'm on now.... upgrading seats, boards & foils a little at a time.

I test rode an LE, wow.!!!! I still ride the original, I bought in 96, It will take some time getting used to the newer Ski's Edited by Wakesetter67

'09 LF S4 wakeboard with '09 LF Watson CT bindings

LF Venture 5'-6" Wakesurf - hoping to get something funner this year

Neptune Trident kneeboard - an oldie but a goody!

Half of an HO combo ski set - for that once a year slalom set

'09 LF Nemisis wakeboard for the kids

Also, inherited a couple of things when I bought my boat:

Old CWB wakeskate - also hoping to get a replacement this year

HL Byerly Wakeboard ~circa 2001

CWB Area 51 ~circa 1998

09 LF PS3 w/ Ronix Kai bindings...to the poster about no fins. Does anyone ride with fins? Besides the molded-in fins? Ive never ridden with fins...was always told its like using crutches.

Slalom D3 - Z7 & Wiley's It's all I need. :biggrin:

I think I would have really liked a Z7 based on my "style" (notice the quotes) but it was a bit out of budget, even from Darren.

09 LF PS3 w/ Ronix Kai bindings...to the poster about no fins. Does anyone ride with fins? Besides the molded-in fins? Ive never ridden with fins...was always told its like using crutches.

No fins here, just the molded-in ones. Find it is harder to spin and break it loose with the center fins. molded-in ones are plenty and then when you are cutting the board's egde does the work.

I think I would have really liked a Z7 based on my "style" (notice the quotes) but it was a bit out of budget, even from Darren.

Darren got me my ski he was outstanding to work with. I have seen the Z7 at very good price now that the Z7ST and X7 have come out.

I love my Z7 and have never skied better.

I believe the post about no fins was referring to a Slingshot board, which has no molded in fins.