Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The PUB vs The LIBRARY

doughickey

I like analogies .... they help me understand things .... they help me explain things.

I've been trying to rationalize how I feel about wakesiderides and the malibucrew. The last week or so has been kind of a "shakedown" ride. Been to both sites. Tried em both out. I've posted on WSR 3 times since it came live ....and 18 times on TMC. Hmmmm, does that tell a story. How do I feel? Will I stay on both?

Here's the analogy: "The Pub" vs "The Library"

TMC is like my local Pub. It's where I hang out with my pals. It's the first place I want to go. It's where I make great friends. We laugh, and squabble and bicker and tell horror stories and share neat ideas and help each other out. I know the owners. They are my friends as well. They own the Pub, but they come out to our tables and talk with us. Feels like family. I just hope my buddies can afford to keep the Pub running.

WSR is kinda like "The Library". I'm finding I still go there to look stuff up, find a reference, look at the books. Good resource. Although I know the Head Librarian (he's also a buddy), he doesn't set the Library hours, set the over-due fines, etc etc. Trouble is, because he runs the Library, he's not allowed by his management to hang out at the Pub anymore. I miss him. I think he misses us. He wishes we would drop by the Library more often.... but alas, it just doesn't "feel" like the Pub.

So.... me thinks now that most of my pals have found the new "Pub".... I think I'll find my favorite chair (just like Norm in Cheers), and have a round with the guys and gals at TMC. And we'll have a respectful toast to Jason ... and go visit. And who knows..... some day he may get tired of being a Librarian, and come back to"The Pub".

doughickey, thats a good analogy.

Yep I think I have posted here a lot more then on wsride.........It just seems a little easier to talk here, more comfortable. I do like seeing all the other boats and what people have to say about them.........but I like to talk more...

Yeah, HP, I have to agree. I understand for content of the site we need to keep the Malibu Boats info going. But I also believe once you've been here awhile you want to talk to your buddies about all kinds of things--Malibu's and skiing are just the commonalities that we share and that brought us together.

How's your foot, BTW?

Totally agree guys - and I'll add that sometimes the library gets stale and out dated.. With the expert buddies that I have around here, I think we can discuss some technical topics too, along with the laughing and bickering Cheers.gif

I really enjoy the folks around here Biggrin.gif

Nicely put Doug!

I post way more here than on WSR. But I do try and make it a point to post a couple times each day over there.

I do think it is fun to see the other boats and different ideas on WSR... but with that said, the crowd (outside the remaining Malibu folks) seem a little odd, or young, or something

I will linger over there, but I really prefer hangin with you guys Biggrin.gif

Biggrin.gif Great job Doug!!! After watching this go down, I to was trying to figure out how I felt on the other page.....no need to think any longer....YOU NAILED IT!

Thanks Doug!

Reggie

Nailed it for me too. I do feel bad that I don't go to WSR. I feel like we abandoned Jason....But then again he made the change...Not to rub it in, but ...

Sounds like if I "nailed" how everyone was/is feeling, I should consider taking the Cheers "shrink" Dr. Frasier Crane's role instead of Norm. :blush:

But Norm was so... like-able. Frasier was a bit of a dipstick. (Then again, he did have 2 successful spin-off's.)

Either way, it's fun here at the TMC "Pub".

Thanks folks!

Let's see.....Cliff Clavin.....a "Know-It-All" that has a hard time admitting error.....Hmmm.....who does that sound like..... :unsure: ..... Innocent.gif . Oh wait, this isn't the TR thread. Biggrin.gif

NORM...

Well said. I am more interested in hanging out at the PUB than the libraby.

Thank you to those who found me over at WSR!

John