Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'11 site up

edgeski1

Not that I can afford a brand new boat but lets hope they improved the ispec...........its kinda weak imho.

Ispec is still the same. Same illusion tower on the VTX at least.

I was on it yesterday trying to build a new boat. ISPEC still has issues. ISPEC has never worked correctly for me. Good thing I didn't let that stop me from buying a Bu.

it is too bad that they dont release the site to the 'crew' first for testing. i have already found multiple bugs with the links (especially when clicking on the features under the various boats)

Not that I can afford a brand new boat but lets hope they improved the ispec...........its kinda weak imho.

I wish they would provide iSpec as an app or make it downloadable. Waiting for the color changes, etc take effect is like watching grass grow.

I also would like them to somehow delineate what areas are affected by color changes (maybe have them flash or something). Can anyone really tell me what changes for deck accent 2 on a progressive scheme for example? is it different on a classic scheme?

I guess all I'm saying is that I don't think it's ever been easy to put together a scheme on iSpec

Edit: I should have also added that I like the layout of the 2011 site much better than 2010 in terms of looks. Haven't had time to "play around" on the site though.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

Deck accent 2 is the unibrow on the very front of the boat on all but the VLX/21LSV

I wish they would provide iSpec as an app or make it downloadable. Waiting for the color changes, etc take effect is like watching grass grow.

I also would like them to somehow delineate what areas are affected by color changes (maybe have them flash or something). Can anyone really tell me what changes for deck accent 2 on a progressive scheme for example? is it different on a classic scheme?

I guess all I'm saying is that I don't think it's ever been easy to put together a scheme on iSpec

Edit: I should have also added that I like the layout of the 2011 site much better than 2010 in terms of looks. Haven't had time to "play around" on the site though.

I'm afraid to look. I may want to buy one.

I know what you mean...the more I look at the A-20 I think I would love to step up. Too bad my bank account dosen't agree. :crazy:

Oh well Houston boat show stars this weekend. Hope to get out there and check it out in person (might be a bad idea).

I know what you mean...the more I look at the A-20 I think I would love to step up. Too bad my bank account dosen't agree. :crazy:

Oh well Houston boat show stars this weekend. Hope to get out there and check it out in person (might be a bad idea).

In truth, it's my wife not me. I am perfectly content with our 99 Sunsetter. My wife is the one who won't go to the boat shows because she's the one who will want a new boat. I guess that could be a good problem for a guy to have though.

Deck accent 2 is the unibrow on the very front of the boat on all but the VLX/21LSV

I expect you to know that :whistle:

but you're probably the only one. The way I have to figure it out is to first pick a different color from what is on the boat (like orange). see where it puts it and then change it to the color I want.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem friendly and it's certainly not fast. I know you have it on a seperate machine and don't use the web based one

Anyone else notice the increased seating capacities listed for 11'? They list the freakin VLX at 14 people and the LSV at 15. I'd like to see someone sandwich 14 peeps in a vlx. The VTX also gain a seat at 11 now.

Edited by 06vlx

Looks like they are not putting the supercharged engine in the LXI!! bummer max hp for the lxi was 410. So no more LS3 engine.

That engine turned out to be a one year wonder.

I expect you to know that :whistle:

but you're probably the only one. The way I have to figure it out is to first pick a different color from what is on the boat (like orange). see where it puts it and then change it to the color I want.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem friendly and it's certainly not fast. I know you have it on a seperate machine and don't use the web based one

We actually don't use a standalone program. it's linked from the site.

In regards to ispec, it is a monster of a program behind the scenes. From what i understand "little" things are not little at all.

We actually don't use a standalone program. it's linked from the site.

In regards to ispec, it is a monster of a program behind the scenes. From what i understand "little" things are not little at all.

The monster doesn't love macs as ispec doesn't work for me...

Edited by G-Mack
jkendallmsce

That engine turned out to be a one year wonder.

That's a shame. WOnder if the LS3 was just too expensive? Aluminum block??

The engine has been great so far. The lone problem has been the overheating (and actually not overheaitng,, but upon a cold start it would run up to 195-200 degrees. Malibu installed some kinda 12V pump to stop that. HAve not run it to verify if the fix actually works.

Aside from that, then engine runs great. Better/smoother power curve than the hammerhead.

Malibu told me the 2011 engines will operate at 195-200 degrees, rather than the 165. Can anyone verify that??

Anyone else notice the increased seating capacities listed for 11'? They list the freakin VLX at 14 people and the LSV at 15. I'd like to see someone sandwich 14 peeps in a vlx. The VTX also gain a seat at 11 now.

Malibu must assume that if you can pay for a 2011 boat then, your crew is nothing but super models.

That's a shame. WOnder if the LS3 was just too expensive? Aluminum block??

The engine has been great so far. The lone problem has been the overheating (and actually not overheaitng,, but upon a cold start it would run up to 195-200 degrees. Malibu installed some kinda 12V pump to stop that. HAve not run it to verify if the fix actually works.

Aside from that, then engine runs great. Better/smoother power curve than the hammerhead.

Malibu told me the 2011 engines will operate at 195-200 degrees, rather than the 165. Can anyone verify that??

I didn't notice that when I compared the two. The dealer had them both printed out and they looked the same to me. It's a coast guard requirement for engines to run under 180 degrees IIRC.

Edited by 06vlx