Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Handling HUGE waves???

I think Wheelhouse is actually becoming a houshold name? For the record, I am not 'HATIN" just astonished by how many times I have heard the name this evening.

Wow.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stanley Wheelhouse

• Bobby Light

• Bawshogg

• JDubya

On a serious note the Delta can be brutal. Never had my Bu down there nor will i but fishing Bass tourneys down there can be hairball. When the 60+ ft yachts come rolling through run ive seen more than one bass boat washed up on the shore if your not paying attention when the yachts go by. I once thought i would see how far i could jump my Ranger down there accidentally :unsure:

Have not been to the D. Have not had to deal with waves from a 60+ footer on the 247. However, that would be a challenge for the boat Fa Sho....

Like a Ginsu

As for future reference. If we are going to be using synonyms to describe how "bad" we are going to shred, I think the Cuisinart would be a much better descriptor. The Ginsu was a cheap a** Chinese knife that was "as seen on T.V." in the mid 80's. What I am trying to say is this. If I really want to shred something I am gonna grab the Cuisinart, not the lame a** Ginsu.

As for future reference. If we are going to be using synonyms to describe how "bad" we are going to shred, I think the Cuisinart would be a much better descriptor. The Ginsu was a cheap a** Chinese knife that was "as seen on T.V." in the mid 80's. What I am trying to say is this. If I really want to shred something I am gonna grab the Cuisinart, not the lame a** Ginsu.

Yes agreed. But Shredding that wave Like A Ginsu sounds a little cooler than shred your face off like a cusinart or shred that wave like a cuisinart. .

However, It will be added to the Repertoire just for you in the future.

Edited by Stanley Wheelhouse

Wow did I miss alot in the 6 hours that I was offline!!

SW, I don't hate on the sport, I actually am trying very hard to make my vRide have a respectable wake. I'm not afraid to admit that I suck at wakesurfing but I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure it out.

My first response post was ultimately trying to make sure that a potential newby doesn't reverse over a surfer. Your reply post explained your theory more accuratley and it made a little sense but that explanation should have been in your first post.

Looks like plenty of members are backing me up as opposed to you. I can appreciate a passion for a sport but the delivery of your message is never worded well. Therefore I have to ask, why don't you own a Mastercraft? :whistle: Please tell us more about how many hours on the water you've logged, how awesome your ballast setup is, how many bu's you've owned in a short time frame, how awesome your friends and riders are, and whatever else you can brag about in 3rd person.

To the OP, sorry your thread ended up this way but you got alot of good adviice to make a decision based on your driving style and the particular situation.

Yes agreed. But Shredding that wave Like A Ginsu sounds a little cooler than shred your face off like a Cuisinart or shred that wave like a Cuisinart. .

However, It will be added to the Repertoire just for you in the future.

I'd feel way cooler if my performance could rival a multifaceted tool of total culinary domination rather than a cheap $2 knife. Regardless how it sounds it's still comparing your skills to a POS knife. :dontknow:

Wow did I miss alot in the 6 hours that I was offline!!

SW, I don't hate on the sport, I actually am trying very hard to make my vRide have a respectable wake. I'm not afraid to admit that I suck at wakesurfing but I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure it out.

My first response post was ultimately trying to make sure that a potential newby doesn't reverse over a surfer. Your reply post explained your theory more accuratley and it made a little sense but that explanation should have been in your first post.

Looks like plenty of members are backing me up as opposed to you. I can appreciate a passion for a sport but the delivery of your message is never worded well. Therefore I have to ask, why don't you own a Mastercraft? :whistle: Please tell us more about how many hours on the water you've logged, how awesome your ballast setup is, how many bu's you've owned in a short time frame, how awesome your friends and riders are, and whatever else you can brag about in 3rd person.

To the OP, sorry your thread ended up this way but you got alot of good adviice to make a decision based on your driving style and the particular situation.

Well a Master Craft is a fine boat but not of Flavor. However, The Malibu 247 is the choice. Point behind it all is simple. For a while the other boat makers had the dominance in the wakesuring arena. Especially when it comes to wave quality. So many people including Malibu owners said one thing about the wave. It was short, tall and soft. We got our first boat and babied it like we all do. Then we discovered wake surfing and realized the boat was nothing more than a wave making machine. So we began a summer that spanned about 100 days on the water weighting our 247 9 ways from 90 plus 10 more. We then ran it back and dropped a bomb on it and weighted it down again. We were flat out mean to the boat. (We had never a problem with the SS No Drama either) Therefore over the years when the folks on this forum and others have said the malibu wave is short tall and mushy Wheelhouse set out to make the truth known. The malibu wave is loonnngggg Tallllllllll and very powerful. We have proved the point over the years. And in proving the point we have consistently attracted the best riders in the business and yes have a great deal worked out with THE BEST BU DEALER IN THE COUNTRY Which does not equal free boat by the way, over the years for us to get a new boat when needed. Therefore if you feel we are bragging about the boats we have owned or the riders we ride with we are not apologetic. We are sharing the path that which life has taken us down. We are sharing photos and experience from that path on this forum.. Please NDawg is there something else we are supposed to share on this and other forums????????????????????

Agreed on the OP. Remember the reverse trick. Of course make sure you are backing over someone.

Glad you feel you are supported. Not sure how deep that goes however.

Edited by Stanley Wheelhouse

I'd feel way cooler if my performance could rival a multifaceted tool of total culinary domination rather than a cheap $2 knife. Regardless how it sounds it's still comparing your skills to a POS knife. :dontknow:

Most have not viewed the shredding that wave like a ginsu comment in this way at multiple contest over the past season. However your perception will be most considered in the future. As a fellow kitchen junkie your point is well taken.

Well a Master Craft is a fine boat but not of Flavor. However, The Malibu 247 is the choice. Point behind it all is simple. For a while the other boat makers had the dominance in the wakesuring arena. Especially when it comes to wave quality. So many people including Malibu owners said one thing about the wave. It was short, tall and soft. We got our first boat and babied it like we all do. Then we discovered wake surfing and realized the boat was nothing more than a wave making machine. So we began a summer that spanned about 100 days on the water weighting our 247 9 ways from 90 plus 10 more. We then ran it back and dropped a bomb on it and weighted it down again. We were flat out mean to the boat. (We had never a problem with the SS No Drama either) Therefore over the years when the folks on this forum and others have said the malibu wave is short tall and mushy Wheelhouse set out to make the truth known. The malibu wave is loonnngggg Tallllllllll and very powerful. We have proved the point over the years. And in proving the point we have consistently attracted the best riders in the business and yes have a great deal worked out with THE BEST BU DEALER IN THE COUNTRY Which does not equal free boat by the way, over the years for us to get a new boat when needed. Therefore if you feel we are bragging about the boats we have owned or the riders we ride with we are not apologetic. We are sharing the path that which life has taken us down. We are sharing photos and experience from that path on this forum.. Please NDawg is there something else we are supposed to share on this and other forums????????????????????

Agreed on the OP. Remember the reverse trick. Of course make sure you are backing over someone.

Glad you feel you are supported. Not sure how deep that goes however.

It's confirmed...... you have bad intentions :lol:

I"m done with this but will continue to take jabs at some of your posts that most of regulars on here will find humor in.

It's confirmed...... you have bad intentions :lol:

I"m done with this but will continue to take jabs at some of your posts that most of regulars on here will find humor in.

Of course we will run over the rider. Is that not happens when you put the boat in reverse while wake surfing?????

Well My Friend We lie in a jabbing match as we have for quite a while. Your statement has proved the point. You are a jabber. You want to be scrappy. Yet when Challenged you back down or somehow try to rally non existent support to prove your point. Ultimately what you wind up doing is cutting down people or their post. This breeds negativity and discord in the wakesurfing community which YOU SHOULD BE A BIGGER PART OF.

This reminds us of three crabs in a bucket of water. The crabs could all work together to pull each other out of the bucket of water and return to the sea. However they do not. They will sit there and watch each other die. The reason is simple. They feel when one crab rises above another they will simply reach up and drag the other rising crab back down to their level. The will all watch each other die slowly.

For what reason do you feel the need to take jabs at Wheelhouse? If third person is all you got......?????

06vlx already did.

No My friend.

You know what is meant.

Comment on the Face Book Post you referenced earlier here in your post on this web site IE The Malibu Crew .COM

Go for it.

"Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand. When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave". I love "Kung fu".

Ah yez Ah Yez ah Kunga Foooooooo

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time following what SW is saying half the time? I mean I'm not perfect with my grammar or anything, but sometimes I can't even get through a complete sentence of his without being confused. My 2 cents. I'll go back to hitting the sauce now... :crazy:

On a serious note the Delta can be brutal. Never had my Bu down there nor will i but fishing Bass tourneys down there can be hairball. When the 60+ ft yachts come rolling through run ive seen more than one bass boat washed up on the shore if your not paying attention when the yachts go by. I once thought i would see how far i could jump my Ranger down there accidentally :unsure:

Ya I never knew anything about it until now. My first thought was, "ill be avoiding that place".

Of course we will run over the rider. Is that not happens when you put the boat in reverse while wake surfing?????

Well My Friend We lie in a jabbing match as we have for quite a while. Your statement has proved the point. You are a jabber. You want to be scrappy. Yet when Challenged you back down or somehow try to rally non existent support to prove your point. Ultimately what you wind up doing is cutting down people or their post. This breeds negativity and discord in the wakesurfing community which YOU SHOULD BE A BIGGER PART OF.

This reminds us of three crabs in a bucket of water. The crabs could all work together to pull each other out of the bucket of water and return to the sea. However they do not. They will sit there and watch each other die. The reason is simple. They feel when one crab rises above another they will simply reach up and drag the other rising crab back down to their level. The will all watch each other die slowly.

For what reason do you feel the need to take jabs at Wheelhouse? If third person is all you got......?????

So a simplistic cure for the crabs would be to patiently sit in a bucket of water. I'll have to remember that. :biggrin:

I know there are many crew members that frequent the Delta but I'm not one. Between the shallow water with underwater hazards, pi$$ poor water quality, and yo yo's in big boats like the OP described, I found it difficult to have a good time.

Every time I was there we experienced some kind of incident.

Edited by LS-One

So a simplistic cure for the crabs would be to patiently sit in a bucket of water. I'll have to remember that. :biggrin:

I know there are many crew members that frequent the Delta but I'm not one. Between the shallow water with underwater hazards, pi$ poor water quality, and yo yo's in big boats like the OP described, I found it difficult to have a good time.

Every time I was there we experienced some kind of incident.

LMFAOROFL.gif

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time following what SW is saying half the time? I mean I'm not perfect with my grammar or anything, but sometimes I can't even get through a complete sentence of his without being confused. My 2 cents. I'll go back to hitting the sauce now... :crazy:

:plus1: I would be embarrassed to have him represent my company's products!

No, it's not just you. I always seem to get half way thru a "sentence" and have to back track to see if I missed something.

If a guy gets this much crap over typing in the 3rd person in a forum, I can't imagine the crap he'd get actually talking this way..... especially to people he didn't already know. Would he have to explain himself to everyone who was looking dumbfounded at each other?? :rofl: