Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

@$%!!X - Oil FIlter!

Well, at least it's off, that's the good news.

Bad news is I looked in my Man Field Manual, and unfortunately you are not allowed to drive the boat anymore. Check Section 8 for the man card recovery procedure. It's gonna be a long winter.

Well, at least it's off, that's the good news.

Bad news is I looked in my Man Field Manual, and unfortunately you are not allowed to drive the boat anymore. Check Section 8 for the man card recovery procedure. It's gonna be a long winter.

maybe i'll surrender my man card if i get to stay behind the boat!

The giant channel locks work for me. Buy quality, the cheap ones will let you down. Sometimes it comes down to stripping away the entire filter housing and using a home made tool sorta shaped like an F. The fingers on the F go into the oil passage holes in the base of the filter. You can make the tool with some flat stock and a couple of bolts. I hope I explained that well because at some point it may be your only option.

:plus1:

Tried everything i could think of then a friend came over with a big pair of channel locks and after using the appropriate language it came off fairly easy. It seems like the factory always puts the oil filters on with an impact.

Filter removed - the dealer took care of it for me - my only expense was the drive there and back.

Not sure what they did or how they removed it - i had to leave it and go back.

EDIT - I got a big-a$$ wrench and manhandled the filter into submission. Then I threw it against the wall to prove my point.

The replacement filter got so scared it installed itself.

The Sears strap did not work, but I am glad to have the set in my tool box.

Next purchase will be the Channel Lock pliers.

So anyway, winterizing all done - fresh oil, a filter.

This Friday it is back to Tennessee to the storage building :cry:

:notworthy:

Filter removed - the dealer took care of it for me - my only expense was the drive there and back.

Not sure what they did or how they removed it - i had to leave it and go back.

EDIT - I got a big-a$ wrench and manhandled the filter into submission. Then I threw it against the wall to prove my point.

The replacement filter got so scared it installed itself.

The Sears strap did not work, but I am glad to have the set in my tool box.

Next purchase will be the Channel Lock pliers.

So anyway, winterizing all done - fresh oil, a filter.

This Friday it is back to Tennessee to the storage building :cry:

ROFL.gifROFL.gif Nate shamed you into re-writing history! Priceless. Thumbup.gif

Well I'm glad to hear it's off and the fresh filter installed itself. LOL.gif

Ha!! They didn't even charge you for it!! That's funny but cool of them. Could you tell they were trying to hold back their laughter? What are you planning on doing all winter with no mancard? Maybe cook some great new meals for the holidays, go shopping and update your wardrobe (I'll bet you need a new purse), or redecorate the house :biggrin:

:cheers: ....I'll take one when you get a chance...

Currently doing some work on the house, with mancard in tact, :tease1: and at this very moment I am fixing my kids a great meal of home made meat balls and home made sauce with some store bought spaghetti, man card still in tact. :Tease3: Wifey is in a little red dress and we are headed out.

Now about that beer :wine: I say make it a Cabernet.

:werule: I really do like this site!

Currently doing some work on the house, with mancard in tact, :tease1: and at this very moment I am fixing my kids a great meal of home made meat balls and home made sauce with some store bought spaghetti, man card still in tact. :Tease3: Wifey is in a little red dress and we are headed out.

Ha! Let me check something in Michiganboarders Mancard rule book.....ah here it is, section 12 paragraph 3 states that cooking is admissable as long as the overall intention is get some alone time with a lady friend. I think you're good REW :biggrin:

Now, about the wine comment..... :no:

Yeah boy! Rockon.gif Good man.

Nothing wrong with a good glass of wine here and there. I brought quite a bit of it back from Australia when I visited the Hunter Valley. Good stuff.

ROFL.gif

Oh, and I just bought two new Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds for the Sunsetter so my man card is safe as can be. Whistling.gif

One man card approved purchase does not award immunity against the penalties of consuming wine, which happens to be a 2nd degree man card felony (see appendix A-2 for the complete list of offenses by classification). :biggrin:

Now this is getting back to the older Crew days. A fun post to follow. Man cards purses. :rofl: Glad to see all turned out well. Did you need to redo your nails before you and the CEO went out.

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

Now this is getting back to the older Crew days. A fun post to follow. Man cards purses. :rofl: Glad to see all turned out well. Did you need to redo your nails before you and the CEO went out.

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

Does doing Wifey's toes to match the dress count? :whistle:

Someone in another thread said their car dealer offers free pedicures during an oil change. Maybe something to look into. :biggrin:

No thanks, I don't want some untraind kid changing my oil......I might not be able to get the filter off. :whistle:

'Did you need to redo your nails before you and the CEO went out?

Now THAT is funny.

Chipped a nail trying to remove an oil filter...

Was that before, after, or because of, hitting it with your purse? :rofl:

You didn't get any oil on your skirt, did you? :innocent:

Edited by NorCaliBu
No thanks, I don't want some untrained kid changing my oil......I might not be able to get the filter off.

I thought for sure that was going to read "No thanks, I don't want some untrained kid doing my nails...." :rofl:

This might be the best thread since the Daylight savings/ Subway sandwich thread!!!

Can all you guys that are still riding post more pictures for the rest of us poor cold people........we tend to get crabby.

Can all you guys that are still riding post more pictures for the rest of us poor cold people........we tend to get crabby.

:thumbup: Will do. I've got slalom sets lined up for Saturday and Sunday. Trying to find a 3rd for Friday (tomorrow) as well. :biggrin:

This might be the best thread since the Daylight savings/ Subway sandwich thread!!!

Goin' to the lake AGAIN tomorrow. :yahoo: