Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WOW! Deal of the Centruy.

JDubya

Thinking about selling a kidney and buying this boat. It is the deal of century and I don't want to pass it buy, so I am considering taking out a second mortgage on my house and wiring the cash once he tells me which Western Union to Wire the Money to. He has agreed to pay the shipping cost to Houston and I didn't even have to ask. What a nice guy!

DUDE! I am stoked. I am so glad that noone else saw this ad and bought the boat. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet

post-466-040009600 1287066283_thumb.jpg

If anyone else is interested you can view the deal of the century here...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2001904457.html

or here

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/2001912294.html

Thinking about selling a kidney and buying this boat. It is the deal of century and I don't want to pass it buy, so I am considering taking out a second mortgage on my house and wiring the cash once he tells me which Western Union to Wire the Money to. He has agreed to pay the shipping cost to Houston and I didn't even have to ask. What a nice guy!

DUDE! I am stoked. I am so glad that noone else saw this ad and bought the boat. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet

post-466-040009600 1287066283_thumb.jpg

If anyone else is interested you can view the deal of the century here...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2001904457.html

or here

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/2001912294.html

You are one lucky guy, and the seller is one heck of a nice guy! That scenery in the background looks just like Orange County as well, I don't care if the boat is registered in Alabama. That's money well spent. Enjoy the boat ;)

I don't see anything to cause alarm. I figure it is pretty common for Alabama registered boats to be sold in a California Craigslist ad. :whistle:

I wouldn't even ask for any additional pictures, just hurry up and send him $20k!

For a deal like that, I'd have to fly up there and check it out. I've been scanning the internet for some time looking for a good deal, but thats a scary good deal. I got my 2007 VLX without a trailer for $33,000 and thats a hell of a deal, but $20,000 for a VTX with trailer...wow! I would have to pick the boat up myself just to make sure everything went as planned. NADA Low Retail is $33,000 and Average is $37,000 (and I believe that is without a trailer).

Oh crap, and I just saw that the guy is also willing to pay shipping cost to Houston - stay away!

Edited by MexTex

Interesting that he put his cell # in the ad.

So who's gonna call him? :rofl:

That is the only non scammy thing about it. I looked up the number, it is a cell phone in Orange County. I would most definitely fly out there this weekend if I thought it could be the real deal. The OP is one lucky mother if this happens to not be a scam.

That is the only non scammy thing about it. I looked up the number, it is a cell phone in Orange County. I would most definitely fly out there this weekend if I thought it could be the real deal. The OP is one lucky mother if this happens to not be a scam.

goodness gracious man, don't even think about it. total scam. suckers only need apply.

Ready, set scam!!!

I bounced a few e-mails off this guy and he supplied a few numbers and the funny thing is he looks to have hull, engine and trailer numbers. If he is a scammer he has done some reaserach. However there is one dead give away that screams scam.

Lets play where's the scam...first one to spot the give away that it is a scam in the emails below gets a rep point. Btw the latest e-mail from me is total BS, I would never put down money until I had someone reputable verify the boat in person. So far no reponse from him.

<<<BEGIN EMAIL TRAIL>>>

Can you take a picture of all 3 serial numbers. That would really help move things along. Once you confirm those I would be willing to send you a deposit as we work out the details.

I own a hot shot business and have driver that drive to San Diego regularly so I would rather have one of my own drivers do the transport, that way it saves you from the hastle. However since you offered to pay I think it would be fair if you would be willing to pay for half of fuel expense.

Jonathan White

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:34 AM

To: White,Jonathan

Subject: Re: 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX

The boat is registered in Alabama. 2007 Boat Mate Trailer, Engine- Malibu LCR 5.71L, 320 hp. I bought the boat in January this year. I don't have other pictures.

Hull #- MB2F5950D707

Motor #- 138212

Trailer #- 5A7BB20287T003484

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:32 AM, David Bloom <[email protected]> wrote:

I want to make this transaction through Ebay so we can both be protected. This way you don't have to send me any money before you inspect and decide to keep the boat. I can deliver the boat to your address and give you 5 days to inspect it and I will pay the shipping charges. If you don't want to buy the boat I will find other buyer in your area and you will have no obligation. This is not a sight unseen transaction, you will have the chance to inspect the boat before you commit to buy it.

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:21 AM, White,Jonathan <[email protected]> wrote:

Got the pictures. I have some additional questions.

Which hull does the boat have?

Which motor?

Where is the boat serviced?

What is the make of the trailer and can you provide me with the serial number?

Could you take a up close picture rudder and drive shaft strut?

How long have you owned the boat?

Where is the boat registered?

I am in Houston and very interested in buying your boat, but would have to have an independent party inspect the boat before we move forward. The boat looks to be in excellent condition but, would you be willing to allow a local Malibu dealership in your area give it a once over? If everything is in order we can talk about arrangements for me to see the boat in person.

Jonathan White

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:45 AM

Boat pictures.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:43 AM, David Bloom <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

My 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX is still for sale. I will sell it for $20,000.

The boat is in excellent condition, no scratches, no tears, there is no lien on the boat. I'm the 2nd owner. There are 150 original hours on the engine. Works perfect. The trailer & the boat has no issue. The boat has only been in fresh water. The trailer is included in this sale. Hull ID Number: MB2F5950D707. I will attach more pictures in a different message. Let me know if you got it.

Thank you,

David

Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:17 PM

To: '[email protected]'

Subject: VTX for sale

Is the boat still for sale?

If so how many hours, which engine and can you provide the hull number?

Jonathan White

I think its hilarious that he said he would ship you the boat and if you decided not to buy it, then he would find another person in your area to buy it...that to me sounds like a load of crap!

Edited by MexTex

Ready, set scam!!!

I bounced a few e-mails off this guy and he supplied a few numbers and the funny thing is he looks to have hull, engine and trailer numbers. If he is a scammer he has done some reaserach. However there is one dead give away that screams scam.

Lets play where's the scam...first one to spot the give away that it is a scam in the emails below gets a rep point. Btw the latest e-mail from me is total BS, I would never put down money until I had someone reputable verify the boat in person. So far no reponse from him.

<<<BEGIN EMAIL TRAIL>>>

Can you take a picture of all 3 serial numbers. That would really help move things along. Once you confirm those I would be willing to send you a deposit as we work out the details.

I own a hot shot business and have driver that drive to San Diego regularly so I would rather have one of my own drivers do the transport, that way it saves you from the hastle. However since you offered to pay I think it would be fair if you would be willing to pay for half of fuel expense.

Jonathan White

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:34 AM

The boat is registered in Alabama. 2007 Boat Mate Trailer, Engine- Malibu LCR 5.71L, 320 hp. I bought the boat in January this year. I don't have other pictures.

Hull #- MB2F5950D707

Motor #- 138212

Trailer #- 5A7BB20287T003484

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:32 AM, David Bloom <[email protected]> wrote:

I want to make this transaction through Ebay so we can both be protected. This way you don't have to send me any money before you inspect and decide to keep the boat. I can deliver the boat to your address and give you 5 days to inspect it and I will pay the shipping charges. If you don't want to buy the boat I will find other buyer in your area and you will have no obligation. This is not a sight unseen transaction, you will have the chance to inspect the boat before you commit to buy it.

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:21 AM, White,Jonathan <[email protected]> wrote:

Got the pictures. I have some additional questions.

Which hull does the boat have?

Which motor?

Where is the boat serviced?

What is the make of the trailer and can you provide me with the serial number?

Could you take a up close picture rudder and drive shaft strut?

How long have you owned the boat?

Where is the boat registered?

I am in Houston and very interested in buying your boat, but would have to have an independent party inspect the boat before we move forward. The boat looks to be in excellent condition but, would you be willing to allow a local Malibu dealership in your area give it a once over? If everything is in order we can talk about arrangements for me to see the boat in person.

Jonathan White

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:45 AM

Boat pictures.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:43 AM, David Bloom <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

My 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX is still for sale. I will sell it for $20,000.

The boat is in excellent condition, no scratches, no tears, there is no lien on the boat. I'm the 2nd owner. There are 150 original hours on the engine. Works perfect. The trailer & the boat has no issue. The boat has only been in fresh water. The trailer is included in this sale. Hull ID Number: MB2F5950D707. I will attach more pictures in a different message. Let me know if you got it.

Thank you,

David

Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:17 PM

To: '[email protected]'

Subject: VTX for sale

Is the boat still for sale?

If so how many hours, which engine and can you provide the hull number?

Jonathan White

SCAM flag detected!

Edited by martinarcher

The dead give away is that Ebay does not aid or offer any type of protection in a transaction such as this.

Jackpot!

However this was the kicker...I had not even told him where I was located. I was in Maine for all he knew...

I can deliver the boat to your address and give you 5 days to inspect it and I will pay the shipping charges. If you don't want to buy the boat I will find other buyer in your area and you will have no obligation.

Not to mention that his ad pointed to one email and he replied from another.

You should emaiil him back and tell him you'd like him to send you the boat so you can look it over, use it for the weekend, and decide if you wanted to buy it. If you decide to buy it you will then send him the money :lol: .

Some of you guys are to gullible, he obviously knew it was a scam when he started this thread.

How dare you accuse me of such intuitive thought and foresight...... :crazy::biggrin::rofl:

Yeah it's a cell phone registered to a Mr. John Rozenboom.

Bloom....Rozenboom......hmmmmm.

Maybe they are long lost cousins.

I just sent this....let's see what he says now....I feel like Aston Kutcher

I would like to fly out this weekend and test drive the boat. Then if all goes we can do the sale Monday. I realize it is short notice but I will be traveling next month and would like to make this deal before then.

Please let me know if this would work for you as I would like to book a flight as soon as possible. You boat is exactly what we have been looking for, and I would like to move on this as quickly as possible.

Edited by Ramman17

What is bizarre is that i had a very similar "conversation" with a guy that wanted to buy my sofa/sleeper. He made references to "since it does not need repaired" and "he would pay for shipping" ... blah, blah, blah ... All i needed to send him was my full name, address and phone number so he could arrange the pick-up! All this for a $300 couch! :yahoo:

I beat everyone to the deal of the century!!!!

I fed exed a check to the guy this morning!!

YA snooze , ya loose!! ha ha

I thought it was "deal of the centruy"?