Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Classic sunsetter hulls

andersonauto

Thanks I love the advice just what I was looking for. I know I will definitely get a v-drive down the road but I have to stay below budget. I should be able to go to a lower pitch prop to handle some of the power problems, and I should be able to squeeze out a few more hp. How do the transmissions hold up to extra power? I guess as far as storage goes I'll just have to live with it.

Storage isn't too bad. We take four boards, three ski's, and a surf board along with all the necessities (cooler/beach bags/towels/lifejackets/anchor/extra parts/prop/footing suit/4 ropes/etc) and the only thing on the floor is the cooler.

The Borg Warner Velvet Drives almost all the older Direct Drives have are very robust transmissions. I've never has problems running weight with them. I know they are pretty bullet proof and there are guys with a lot more HP than me running the same trannies. Rockon.gif They have a great reputation.