Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
TheTurtleMan

Malibu Response Stickers.......

TheTurtleMan

Check out these out. A friend of mine made them for me. Surprised.gif

th_d20_Malibu_Stick_1.jpgth_75b_Malibu_Stick_2.jpgth_9b5_Malibu_Stick_3.jpgth_24e_Malibu_Stick_4.jpg

SunriseH2OSkier

Looks great, TM! How tall is that transom decal? Wondering if it would fit my RLXi. Is your buddy interested in making more? Cost?

apexeon

Wow, Those look great. I think your friend is on to something. I would love to have a transom decal like that for my response. Is your friend taking orders??

HRemington

Is it possible for me to remove the goofy "Official Towboat blah, blah, blah" and replace it with that?

TheTurtleMan
Is it possible for me to remove the goofy "Official Towboat blah, blah, blah" and replace it with that?

That's what I did. The stock stickers came off very easy. Email him here. [email protected] He will hook ya up. :)

Edited by TheTurtleMan

HRemington

Any tips on removal? I guess just stick the 'ol wire bristle wheel in the trusty drill and go to town?

TheTurtleMan

I just heated mine up a bit w/ a hair dryer, and they came right off........

HRemington

neaty keen...an easy winter upgrade. Is that what the newer transom decals look like, or does anyone else have any other examples of good looking ones?

WakeGirl

Heat gun with a little Goo Gone will take it right off Hank. Careful though, you may get them off & have fading around the old stickers which will lead to a wet-sand....you know how these things can snowball. :)

Turtle,

Those do look great. I would just caution your friend on copyright laws, he may not want to step on Malibu's toes.

HRemington
Heat gun with a little Goo Gone will take it right off Hank.  Careful though, you may get them off & have fading around the old stickers which will lead to a wet-sand....you know how these things can snowball.  :)

Turtle,

Those do look great.  I would just caution your friend on copyright laws, he may not want to step on Malibu's toes.

Exactly what I was concerned with on both counts. Plus I'm not sure the tribal bling would go with the old conventional sunset (or is it a sunrise?) looking logo on the side, then I end up redoing everything. My transom could actually use to be refurbished anyway. Anyone have a pic of another decal option?

TheTurtleMan

Got some more done. Pics didnt come out very good. I will try to take some better ones later. ;)

th_28647_mal_2.jpg

th_28656_mal_1.jpg

mtodd

An easy way to remove decals is a clothes steamer seen it done and it is very easy.