Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

front ballast tank removal 09 VTX

old skool malibu

How do I remove the front ballast tank on a 09 VTX.my guage is dropping to 75% so there could be a leak? I can't remove it as the fill connection is in the way. Do I have to loosen of the fill connection or to I simply try to lift the tank from the front?

How do I remove the front ballast tank on a 09 VTX.my guage is dropping to 75% so there could be a leak? I can't remove it as the fill connection is in the way. Do I have to loosen of the fill connection or to I simply try to lift the tank from the front?

warranty?

So the water must be leaking into the boat, have you noticed that, just asking in case it is a problem with the gauge or sending unit rather than a leak?

Speaking of connections, are they all tight?

If it hasn't been like this from day 1, i doubt it would be a hole in the tank, just no real way for that to happen.

Hey Rob, I think it is leaking out the drain or the vent line while surfing due to the angle of the boat... My VLX does the same thing...

Could be Ryan. If it leaked from the bow I would definately notice it in the boat. There is no way for it to get to the bilge without getting some carpet wet. All the carpet around the fll and drain fittings seems dry. Would like to lift the tank to check the connections. How do I do that? Can't seem to get access to the drain pump and tank connections. I have been noticing the bilge turning on more but that may be unrelated.

Hey Rob, I think it is leaking out the drain or the vent line while surfing due to the angle of the boat... My VLX does the same thing...

:yes:

Could be Ryan. If it leaked from the bow I would definately notice it in the boat. There is no way for it to get to the bilge without getting some carpet wet. All the carpet around the fll and drain fittings seems dry. Would like to lift the tank to check the connections. How do I do that? Can't seem to get access to the drain pump and tank connections. I have been noticing the bilge turning on more but that may be unrelated.

you could fill the front tank using a flush-pro or similar device, probably would not even have to turn on the pump.

you could fill the front tank using a flush-pro or similar device, probably would not even have to turn on the pump.

Yes I may try that. Thanks

I replaced the Drain pump on my last boat. It is at the front of the walkthru (the carpeted piece under the wind dam).. It is a carpeted piece of fiberglass that you can remove with a screw on either side at the top under the cushions... You really have to dig for the screws, they are buried into the carpet.. That gives access to the drain pump and the fittings.. Let me know if you need me to clarify...

I replaced the Drain pump on my last boat. It is at the front of the walkthru (the carpeted piece under the wind dam).. It is a carpeted piece of fiberglass that you can remove with a screw on either side at the top under the cushions... You really have to dig for the screws, they are buried into the carpet.. That gives access to the drain pump and the fittings.. Let me know if you need me to clarify...

I just talked to Dwayne at Mobile Sounds as he removed that piece when he did some stereo work for me. Good to know as I was trying all different ways to get that tank out and coudnt see any screws on the carpeted piece so I thought it was permanent. I think all is good up there just want to have a look. Thanks Ryan.