Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Coating for Swim Platform

WeLight

Hi

Im new to this forum, I am in Melbourne Australia and have a 20 ft VTX Wakesetter. i have a black rubberized swim platform, after the first season the swim platform leaves everyone with black feet, does anyone know what factory coating must be on these?

Cheers

i do not know off the top of my head, but i do remember it being talked about here, so maybe keep poking aroudn till you find something. Or else someone might be able to chime in here. I do know that my 2011 does not seem to have that problem. Maybe the dealer can get you a 2011 pad?

It is a common issue on the older pads....I think it comes from UV rays. If you can keep the sun off the swim step while in storage it should fix the problem.

My boat came from Eastern Oregon (sunny) and did the same thing for the first few weeks. Then suddenly it just stopped. This is probably due to 1. Less Sun over here, 2. I park it indoors.

So.....try to keep the sun off of it while in storage. Some people have said applying ___________ (crud cant remember the name.....) :lol: Anyway it is a product that is really good for protecting interior from UV damage. I even own a bottle and can't remember the name. :(

Oh......I wouldn't replace it with a newer pad. The newer pads are slippery! And I like my older one better.

Edited by Ruffdog

303 aerospace it!

303 works for awhile but you need to keep applying it. I'm just going to replace the pad at the beginning of next year.