Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat broken into Arrggggh

Ohmsby

I live about ten minutes from the Marina and am down at least three to four times a week. The marina got hit last night and 15-20 boats got stuff taken. I am missing $500-$700 dollars worth of gear and I am all sorts of hot.

My question to the forum is this. They got a set of our keys. I have a 09 23 lsv with what I would call a simple ignition. I think I will just change the ignition for peace of mind. Going to call the Malibu dealer in Dallas in the am

They stole the gear off the Sheriff boat last night as well. Stealing from a Texas peace officer is probably not cleaver

In the meantime you could pull the lanyard and take it with you. I doubt that anyone stupid enough to steal from the cops would know how the lanyard figures in with starting the boat.

I live about ten minutes from the Marina and am down at least three to four times a week. The marina got hit last night and 15-20 boats got stuff taken. I am missing $500-$700 dollars worth of gear and I am all sorts of hot.

My question to the forum is this. They got a set of our keys. I have a 09 23 lsv with what I would call a simple ignition. I think I will just change the ignition for peace of mind. Going to call the Malibu dealer in Dallas in the am

They stole the gear off the Sheriff boat last night as well. Stealing from a Texas peace officer is probably not cleaver

Damn that sucks sorry man. I'd change the ignition as well, and don't leave the keys in it next time.

I feel for you, man. Getting your stuff taken not only costs money to replace it, but you lose any sense of safety. Definitely not a good feeling.

Unless it's pretty cheap, I honestly wouldn't worry about changing your keys. In a car, in can be a minor inconvenience, but in a boat, things are pretty exposed. If someone wants to take your boat, keys or no aren't going to slow them down if they know anything.

I feel for you, man. Getting your stuff taken not only costs money to replace it, but you lose any sense of safety. Definitely not a good feeling.

Unless it's pretty cheap, I honestly wouldn't worry about changing your keys. In a car, in can be a minor inconvenience, but in a boat, things are pretty exposed. If someone wants to take your boat, keys or no aren't going to slow them down if they know anything.

a cooler of beer and a .22 with a scope should do the trick in texas!

sorry to hear!

We live in the country my keys are in my truck..... The marina is in a small town. We are just going to have to be more diligent in the future. Sad that the marina is no longer a place that we can trust. Would be thieves should be on alert Texans take poorly to being robbed.

Sorry to hear about this, I feel your pain. Had it happen to me about a month ago! Your right the worst part is that you have lost the feeling of security. Good luck getting the boat back into shape.

Bummer. Hope you guys find'em!

I don't keep much in my boat for just this reason. Stereo, all our good vests & ropes, SkySkis, helmets, suits, etc. It all goes home every day we leave the boat. Twice I've had the boat on the docks & other boats were hit, but mine was spared.

About all they would get is some bumpers & mooring lines, maybe some orange keyhole vests.

My boat was broken into in the dealers lot last night.... cut out a bunch of stereo equipment... dealer says over and above the equipment it will need a complete rewire. feel yourpain

very sorry to hear- gear is replaceable but regardless, it can be a hefty investment - I'm with Bill Air Junky - always keep the good stuff out of the boat - the stuff I can live without stays on-board. it can be a hassle hauling gear back and forth but at least you know it'll be there for the next run. I'm just thinking in the context of some of the more specialized gear - for example closed toe boots or malibu specific components - lame to take something just for the sake of taking it - keep your eye out on craigslist...

Man that just sucks, feel your pain as we have all been ripped off at one time or another. I empty my boat out after each use except for the real cheap stuff. Pain in the rear but easier than replacing it if it goes missing.