Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel pump issues

I have a 2001 sportster and if the boat sits for a week the boat will not start and no fuel is going through the pump even though I hear the pump working. If I hand pump fuel through the pump and reconnect it will then pump fuel and continue to do so through the day. The pump was new last year. Any ideas thanks Jay

STOP, STOP,STOP,STOP. at the fuel tank you have the fuel line nipple. take it out of the tank, look and see if the check ball is stuck open and allowing the fuel to drain back to tank and make sure the spring did not rot away. some are equiped with a spring and check ball.

STOP, STOP,STOP,STOP. at the fuel tank you have the fuel line nipple. take it out of the tank, look and see if the check ball is stuck open and allowing the fuel to drain back to tank and make sure the spring did not rot away. some are equiped with a spring and check ball.

WOULD THE WATER/FUEL SEPARATOR BE EMPTY? AND DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE BACK OF THE BACK SEAT? Thanks Jay