Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

*Please Help* 2001 Response LX Indmar 5.7L

KnoxFireMedic

Hate to triple post but hey why not increase my post count...blah blah.

Anyway, my dealer says if I can get them the Hull ID and Engine serial number they can find out a price on those parts. It may be something you can do yourself and save some money.

PM me if you want.

An ECM is around $1000 to $1200, and I'm sure the new wiring harness isn't cheap. So $2k for the new ECM sounds about right.

As for finding a dealer who keeps an $1200 part in inventory for 9+ years...yeah good luck with that.

-Chris

An ECM is around $1000 to $1200, and I'm sure the new wiring harness isn't cheap. So $2k for the new ECM sounds about right.

As for finding a dealer who keeps an $1200 part in inventory for 9+ years...yeah good luck with that.

-Chris

Well that stinks.

Well that stinks.

I would call the big dealers in the country and look. Skiers Pier is here in MI and is one of the biggest. And it wouldnt have to have been in stock for 9 years. I dont know when they stopped making the part but there are many reasons this part could be on the shelf. Call call call.

I was recently at Lake Norris for vacation in TN and Malibu's were ALL OVER that lake. Probably number one manufacturer on the lake. It was shock to me as I rarely run across Malibus in my lake trips. Call TN dealers too.

Broke down and took it to a dealer. Bad news... Both MDC and ECM are fried. Worse news is that the ECM is not made for the 2001 anymore and the wiring harness to make the updated ECM work and the new ECM is around 2000 with labor!!!!!!!!!!! Guess its time to start saving. If anyone knows where I might find a 2001 Indmar ECM let me know..

Josh

Josh,

I just got off phone with my dealer. They said 2000 dollars for repairs for what you describe sounds RIDICULOUSLY high. Also they said how could they know the MMDC is fried if they could not access the ECM? Good question.

Anyway. He told me a new MMDC, if you have the 5 inch gauges, is about 225.00. A new ECM(ordered direct from Indmar) would run about 600 dollars. Both of which you could easily replace yourself.

If I were you I would contact either T.J or Larry Englelbert directly at Indmar.

Edited by areamike