Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking to pick up a 03 wakesetter 23xti

jonboy

hey guys looking to pick up 03 wakesetter 23xti not positive on the hours looking to buy it from my boss at work he said is has the corvette motor in it. Is there really any pro or cons vs the xti or lsv? he asking 24500 im gonna try and go look at it today and get a little more info.

hey guys looking to pick up 03 wakesetter 23xti not positive on the hours looking to buy it from my boss at work he said is has the corvette motor in it. Is there really any pro or cons vs the xti or lsv? he asking 24500 im gonna try and go look at it today and get a little more info.

Seating and interior layout is the biggest differance between the two. the XTi will have three distinct sitting areas, the LSV just two. The LSV will feel roomer and larger due to the interior configuration. However there is a rather large price differance between the two as well.

As for a used boat there is a thread or two on that topic already so I wont repost any of that now. Needless to say test drive any boat you buy!!

REW

I have a 23 XTi (2002) and just got it this year. I am really pleased with the boat. I like to slalom ski, my kids like to board, and it's a nice crossover boat. I also like the handling a direct drive gives you (XTi) vs a V-drive (LSV). There is so much storage on the XTi, we've had 9 or 10 out several times and it's no problem to have room and storage for everyone's stuff.

Does the boat you're looking at have a tower? Any tower accessories (board racks, speakers, etc)? Does it have a wedge and/or MLS ballast system? Sounds like it has the Vette engine in it, so it should perform very well. That's a great price for a 2003, assuming low hours and well-kept condition.

Good luck with your purchase, let me know if you have other questions?

-- Mike

I have a 23 XTi (2002) and just got it this year. I am really pleased with the boat. I like to slalom ski, my kids like to board, and it's a nice crossover boat. I also like the handling a direct drive gives you (XTi) vs a V-drive (LSV). There is so much storage on the XTi, we've had 9 or 10 out several times and it's no problem to have room and storage for everyone's stuff.

Does the boat you're looking at have a tower? Any tower accessories (board racks, speakers, etc)? Does it have a wedge and/or MLS ballast system? Sounds like it has the Vette engine in it, so it should perform very well. That's a great price for a 2003, assuming low hours and well-kept condition.

Good luck with your purchase, let me know if you have other questions?

-- Mike

Well went and looked at my boss' boat yesterday it dont have the vette engine like he said. Has the monsoon 335 i believe it said. The boat is in decent shape need a good cleaning and waxing, the rear seat at one the seams is busted probally a 100 fix to restich the seat seam. The seats have little mold. Boat come with mls ballast system, wedge, tower, kicker tower speakers with 6.5 speakers tweeters and 8" subs all in same encloser, has infiniti speakers threw out boat, wake board rack, tower lights i believe there was 6-8 on top, lights up front on hull, barefoot boom, bimini, 2 pair skis, knee board, think he was gonna throw in one the wakeboards he had, tow ropes, boat cover, thats about all i can think about. I forgot to see how many hours are on the boat. Im gonna get it just waiting for him to find the title.