Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Triple X wakesurf boards

Bobby Light

Just picked up a couple new wakesurf boards tonight from Triple X. These are probably the best performing reasonably priced boards out there. These two boards are so thin they'll fit in my wakeboard racks.

This one is the Composite X Texallium skim board 4"8". It comes in 50", 54", and 58". It's not even on their website yet. It has a carbon fiber look to it and just looks really cool. The texallium wrap makes this thing very strong. This thing is fast and agile on the wake. I demo'd this board about a week ago and knew I had to have one. It's the best skim style board I've ever riden.

P6090109.jpg

This next board is the Slasher Pro X 5'0". It comes in 4'8", 5'0", 5'6". I haven't ridden this one yet but I rode the model up during my demo a week ago and it was fun and absolutely the fastest board I've ever ridden, way faster than my Inland Surfer Blue Lake.

P6090110.jpg

All Tripple X wakesurf boards come with a board condom, ok it's a protective board bag.

P6090111.jpg

P6090107.jpg

P6090108.jpg

If you're looking for a new board either surf style or skim style I highly recommend Triple X.

https://www.triplexsurfandskim.com/Wakesurfers_c22/

Edited by 06vlx

I have a 54" skim last year's model. Very fun board. It was similar to my IS Black Pearl. I would like to see them add a tri fin option on the skim boards like the Yellow Pearl.

Glad they added the Texallium to it. My 54"er seems a little fragile compared to other boards.

I just bought an IS Sweet Spot but I would love to try the Slasher.

Edited by jimw

They look great and reasonable price! Size is determined based on what? our weigh? If so, where is the schedule?

Sweet! I think you just found me my new board. Did you buy locally or order online?

I bought locally from a guy that's sponsored by them. They don't have a dealer around me. Send me a PM and I'll give you his info.

I have a 54" skim last year's model. Very fun board. It was similar to my IS Black Pearl. I would like to see them add a tri fin option on the skim boards like the Yellow Pearl.

Glad they added the Texallium to it. My 54"er seems a little fragile compared to over boards.

I just bought an IS Sweet Spot but I would love to try the Slasher.

I'll let you know what I think of the slasher. This new Composite X Texallium is lighter and stronger than last years Composite X. It won't ding like the other ones.

So what if we're just wanting to get into the wake surfing thing? What do I look for? Can my husband and I share (like a 60lbs weight dif)?

Yes you can share a board I'd probably recommend the Slasher Pro X. I typically ride boards that are supposed to be way to small for me, like the Inland Surfer Yellow Loogey.

Tripple X has some really good deals on 09' closeouts.

Yes you can share a board I'd probably recommend the Slasher Pro X. I typically ride boards that are supposed to be way to small for me, like the Inland Surfer Yellow Loogey.

Tripple X has some really good deals on 09' closeouts.

And where might we find said deals?

This one is the Composite X Texallium skim board 4"8". It comes in 50", 54", and 58". It's not even on their website yet. It has a carbon fiber look to it and just looks really cool. The texallium wrap makes this thing very strong. This thing is fast and agile on the wake. I demo'd this board about a week ago and knew I had to have one. It's the best skim style board I've ever riden.

I've never wakesurfed before, do you ride that finless? I see fin mounts on the other board, but not this one. Also, if you ride it finless, did they put a much sharper bottom edge on it to bite a little, or is it real slippery for spins and shove-its?

I've never wakesurfed before, do you ride that finless? I see fin mounts on the other board, but not this one. Also, if you ride it finless, did they put a much sharper bottom edge on it to bite a little, or is it real slippery for spins and shove-its?

Skim boards have fins too but they are just smaller. This particular board has 1 fin, some have up to 3. They are very small compared to a surf style board for a looser feel to it.

Have you ridden that Slasher Pro X board yet? How would it compare to a Hyperlite broadcast 5.2? That's what I have now and am looking to upgrade, I'm thinking the Slasher Pro X is a logical next step. I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs, so I'd probably go with the 5'4" model. What do you think?

Have you ridden that Slasher Pro X board yet? How would it compare to a Hyperlite broadcast 5.2? That's what I have now and am looking to upgrade, I'm thinking the Slasher Pro X is a logical next step. I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs, so I'd probably go with the 5'4" model. What do you think?

I'll be riding it this weekend and let you know. I'm 6'2" 230lbs so it should be a good review for you. I rode the Slayer Pro X when I demo'd a couple boards it was the 5'0" board, it was really fun and super fast.

Edited by 06vlx

I just ordered Pro Slasher 5'0.. Thanks to 06vlx...

Verdict is in I just rode this board today and it's awesome. It's a really fun board in every respect. It's a true surf style board. This is a great board and I'd recommend it to anyone. Like all fiberglass constructed boards treat it with caution and be carefull with it, don't throw it around like a wakeboard.

Nice, I'm seriously considering one of these and will probably get it in the next month or so. Being about the same size as me, I see you're riding the 5'0" model. Would you recommend that over the 5'4" model? I would say I'm in the intermediate stage right now, I can ride ropeless and do some carving and have some fun out there, but I don't have any tricks down yet. I'm on a Hyperlite Broadcast right now, the bigger one.

Nice, I'm seriously considering one of these and will probably get it in the next month or so. Being about the same size as me, I see you're riding the 5'0" model. Would you recommend that over the 5'4" model? I would say I'm in the intermediate stage right now, I can ride ropeless and do some carving and have some fun out there, but I don't have any tricks down yet. I'm on a Hyperlite Broadcast right now, the bigger one.

I think you'll be able to progress more with the 5' board given it's smaller size. It will be easier to maneuver when you want to spin or pop off the wake. I had no problem riding it and it was very fast. Just when you think you'll fall out of the pocket one pump and you're back in it.

I've ridden the broadcast and this board has more of a locked in feel to it, and feels like you're riding more ontop of the water than that one IMO.

Edited by 06vlx

I think you'll be able to progress more with the 5' board given it's smaller size. It will be easier to maneuver when you want to spin or pop off the wake. I had no problem riding it and it was very fast. Just when you think you'll fall out of the pocket one pump and you're back in it.

I've ridden the broadcast and this board has more of a locked in feel to it, and feels like you're riding more ontop of the water than that one IMO.

Thanks for the review and advice! Looking forward to picking up one of these. I wish there was a place around here that demoed boards, but there are none. I have to just buy one and hope I like it!

Thanks for the review and advice! Looking forward to picking up one of these. I wish there was a place around here that demoed boards, but there are none. I have to just buy one and hope I like it!

Yeah I think you'll like it. I didn't mention it's much faster than the broadcast which is a benefit for bigger guys.

This will be my first time wakesurfing and after reading your reviews I am thinking the Triple X slasher 4'8". Do you think that would work well for me? I am 5'7" 175lbs. You guys seem to have a lot of good advice so thanks in advance for any feedback.

This will be my first time wakesurfing and after reading your reviews I am thinking the Triple X slasher 4'8". Do you think that would work well for me? I am 5'7" 175lbs. You guys seem to have a lot of good advice so thanks in advance for any feedback.

That board would work well for your weight. When you progress and want to start spinning you can change out the fins to shorter ones and it will loosen the board up.