Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

parts for older Malibu

nickwenz

I can not find the parts for my boat that i am looking for can ya'll help, here is a list

1992 malibu sunsetter 201 erou f3

a new dash

motor cover

glove box

swim plate form

steering colume

full ballist bag system

and any upgrades that i can do to boat and or motor

thanks

First - hello. :biggrin:

I can not find the parts for my boat that i am looking for can ya'll help, here is a list

1992 malibu sunsetter 201 erou f3 - It's going to be a project to make or source parts. Most are not available anymore.

a new dash - You'll have to have one custom made.

motor cover - Might be able to find one off a scrapped boat and have it recovered. Otherwise...custom.

glove box - You'll have to have one custom made.

swim plate form - You'll have to have one custom made.

steering colume - SkiDIM.com - buy the whole helm setup, cable and a new steering wheel. Custom make new mounts.

full ballist bag system - MartinArcher is the member on this board with incredible expertise on these old boats.

and any upgrades that i can do to boat and or motor - Like what? Tower? Graphics? Stereo? Give us some idea what you are thinking about.

thanks

nickwenz,

Here on this websiteyou will be able to find a ballast system.

On this websiteyou can find motor parts and the steering column (I think) plus much more. The guys and gals at skidim are very nice, knowledgeable and can probably direct you to some other sites if they do not have all parts that you are looking for.

As far as the glove box, motor cover, new dash, etc... I am unable to help you locate those parts. I would first check with a local dealer, then next on eBay.

Oh yeah you can get a swim platform from this website,I have had the most success just sending them an email and waiting for a phone call.

Are you missing these parts altogether or just trying to upgrade? Was this a vandalized boat or a good deal that you just purchased?

Good luck on your hunt for your parts. There are many more people on this site that can probably help you better than I can...so just be patient and wait for the replies...

Edited by The Hydro Foiling Plumber

I have been looking for a replacement dash for years... I ended up re-wrapping mine with vinyl. Had to reinforce parts of it with fiberglass but looks brand new.

Good luck!

Edited by Levi900RR
  • 4 weeks later...

You might try finding a boat scrap yard in your area, there aren't many around but you'd be surprised what they have in inventory.

martinarcher

Here's some pics of the ballast bags and the wakes created. One Fly High V-Drive Fat Sac on each side of the engine - 500lbs each for wakeboarding.DSC00759.jpg Wake.... DSC00768.jpg DSC03002.jpg DSC03003.jpg Surf set-up.... DSC00809.jpg Surf Wave.... DSC02942.jpg DSC00811.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

Edited by martinarcher
martinarcher

Here's a walkthough of my ballast system and ow it is plumbed into the small space available on the Skier. Sorry for the bad camera work, I was trying to work around the boat pointing out parts of the system while holding my flashlight. Let me know if you have any questions....

I hope it helps you out. It was a fun project. I ran out of flash space so it cut me off, but it gives you a pretty good idea of how the system works. 4 Tsunami 1200 GPH pumps that manage water in 3 ballast bags. The rear pumps fill/drain the 2 500lb V-drive side/rear bags. The front pumps fill and drain the bag under the closed bow. We rarely use the front bag (never for wakeboarding) as it reduces the boarding wake when any forward weight is added. If I were to do it again I wouldn't even worry about that bag. All clear tubing is 1". The black entry line is 1 1/4". There is about 90 ft of 1"line and probably easily 100 hose clamps. Biggrin.gif Fill time for the rear sacs is around 5 minutes. They drain a bit faster than that. The 1 1/4" one way valves do a great job of keeping the system primed and it fills/drains with the flick of a switch. Rockon.gif

I have an excel sheet parts list that I attached as well as a pdf schematic that someone asked for a while ago....

Parts List.xls

Schematic.pdf

martinarcher

As far as the other parts, the steering is a SkiDim.com deal. The rest is really hard to find since no one makes the parts for these boats. If you have the old motorbox, it would be to hard to make a mold of it by layying fiberglass down on top of it.

If you find a glove box let me know! Mine is looking more and more worn on the bottom corners from skis and kneeboards going in and out of the bow.

I like Levi's idea on the dash. Mine is still in really good shape as the boat was babied all it's life, but if it needed work I think I would go that route. If you have it out of the boat, spraying gel coat is actually quite easy and can be done to refinish the dash as well.

Here's a link for swim platform brackets...

http://www.boatwoodwork.com/brackets.html

I'm sure there are many other suppliers out there.

thanks guys ya'll have been very helpful when i do my dash i will make a mold and save it so if any one needs it i will give you one and i might fiberglass my glove box to if i to i will make extras

I made an aluminum panel, bent and cut to match the dash. Easy and cheap, but I took to a local machine shop to bend correctly. Then wrapped in vinyl. There are some tricks to do this correctly. If you're going that route, here's my DIY link http://picasaweb.google.com/myfourday Click on dash portion for pics. I'm sure there are better ideas, but this one worked well. Also, if you redo the switches, go with sea dog rocker switches... very cheap, and the Malibu switch covers pop right on. For instance, I have a Malibu ballast switch (now, not in pics) for my locker sack.

I might have a swim platform for sale in a few. I bought one off a new wakesetter for the wedge door, but haven't used it yet. Its too big, so I'm going to cut it down. If I do, my original one (should be same as yours) will be for sale. Great shape.

Swim brackets can also come from Bakes, although they are expensive. Be sure the angle matches your transom. Lots of great support from this site. Take advantage and give back.