Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can't see some pictures??

PTM

Can anyone tell me why I can see some pictures in the discussions and other times there's a box with a question mark??

Is that because the pic was taken down or the thread is old??

The pics posted on the site are hosted any number of places, ie; here, Photobucket, any other photo hosting site, or any number of other sites. My guess is your surfing from a corp network & some of those sites are being blocked.

Can anyone tell me why I can see some pictures in the discussions and other times there's a box with a question mark??

Is that because the pic was taken down or the thread is old??

Most likely.

Post up a link to a thread where you see this problem and check to see if others do or do not see the pictures.

Example on this thread I cant see the first to pictures but can see the rest??

I'm on my home computer with no corporate security stuff- My computer is an iMac.

Example on this thread I cant see the first to pictures but can see the rest??

I'm on my home computer with no corporate security stuff- My computer is an iMac.

Neither can I. May have been moved or deleted from the hosted site..??

Edited by Ndawg12

ok try this thread:

I don't see the first two pics, don't see the third but can see the fourth and dont see the last two pics- Same with you guys??

ok try this thread:

I don't see the first two pics, don't see the third but can see the fourth and dont see the last two pics- Same with you guys??

Same here. Considering the thread is 4 yrs old, and the site has moved a couple times since then, I have to assume the pics just didn't get moved.

BTW, the first link you posted is a 5 yr old thread. Must be the same issue.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

ok try this thread:

Same for me. I would assume the linked images are no longer on the original site(s), as listed above.

I will say that this site, even before I was a member, is more friendly than many others I look at. For instance, I am not a member at CenturionCrew and can only see about 10% or less of their pictures. Before I became a member here, it was more like 50% IIRC.

:werule:

Pictures hosted off site are definitely subject to that problem as others here have alluded to.

However, the pictures in those threads were hosted locally & unfortunately lost. At one point a couple of years ago, we had a problem in which there were files that were lost from the host. To this day I don't know how it happened. I didn't catch it for some time, because it seemed (continues to be the case) like it affected topics that were posted within the first 12ish months of the site's existence. So for topics with dates ranging from April of 2005 to sometime in the late spring of 2006, unfortunately you'll see random issues like that.. I didn't catch it until sometime in 2007 when I happened to see an old thread that showed up like that. By then it was far too late to do anything about it.