Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
msuwaterski

Seems a little fishy

bennekm

No phone number...scam.

WakingMeHappy

Awe, come on. It does have 3 matching life vests. :whistle:

Badger

I've never been to Manhattan. Do they have a lot of pole barns and big open fields there? :dontknow:

MalibuTime

Wow! That! is! An! Exciting! Ad!

MalibuNation

I'll buy it if you don't ... then again it smells like an Asian (sp) Carp.

jtrovato

Life saving vests...nobody that owns a Malibu would call a life vest a life saving vest. SCAM.

Ndawg12

I haven't played with one of these guys in a while (anyone remember John Rozenboom?). If you don't then I might, let me know, I've got a junk e-mail account I could use :biggrin:

JDubya

the buyer WILL NOT be disappointed in this boat!

Reminds me of the carfax commercail....

Car buyer: "Just show me the carfax!"

Salesmen: "But it's a promise"

:crazy:

WakingMeHappy

I haven't played with one of these guys in a while (anyone remember John Rozenboom?). If you don't then I might, let me know, I've got a junk e-mail account I could use :biggrin:

Good ole' John. I kind of miss him...in my own warped way.

Chia

it just seems too good to be true, doesn't it?

Don't waste your time other than to report it to CL. You see this quite a bit on CL, someone finds some pics (in this case 2 years old) and tries to trick someone who is greedy and gullible. Would not surprise me if you have to send the money right now cause there is a lot of interest...

find a legit boat, don't rush the sale, get what you are looking for.

areamike

Good 'ole John.

Good ole' John. I kind of miss him...in my own warped way.

I kinda miss him too. That was fun

msuwaterski

Have fun. I have no interest in playing with him. I did send him an email asking to set up a time to see the boat ASAP as I wanted to capitalize on the great price with cash. He did not respond.

Chia

Have fun. I have no interest in playing with him. I did send him an email asking to set up a time to see the boat ASAP as I wanted to capitalize on the great price with cash. He did not respond.

if he does get back to you, get the serial number.

Malibuswany

I could take 8K out of my son's Monopoly money.

Ndawg12

I'll wait to see if he responds, I just might play with him a little.

bound4er

4 pics and 3 of them with the cover on? "Wakeboarding boat" with no tower? Exclamation points after every sentence!!!! Scam-o-rama is right.

areamike

2 year old pics? Seems OK to me.

I've seen that boat somewhere before.

TrickyNicky

Messaged the guy just for fun. The boats in the shipping yard and he's in kansas city so I can't come inspect it. But it's okay, He has a 30 day gurantee and I can return it! Phew I was worried I may not like an invisible boat after 30 days.

So yes it's a sacm. I feel bad but wonder even more WHO could actually fall for this.

Pistol Pete

That boat is overpriced.

If I can get a 04 Response for $8K, there's gotta be a 08 W.S. VLX out there somewhere for $15K.

I just gonna sit and wait for a better deal to come along.

msuwaterski

So yes it's a sacm. I feel bad but wonder even more WHO could actually fall for this.

What ever do you mean? :dontknow: I just sent the guy a $1000 deposit. I wanted to make sure I got that boat before anyone else. OH NO!!!

Kidding of course. This scam must work becuase a lot of people try to pull it.

areamike

That boat is overpriced.

If I can get a 04 Response for $8K, there's gotta be a 08 W.S. VLX out there somewhere for $15K.

I just gonna sit and wait for a better deal to come along.

I'm with you Pete. I'd sell my boat for 4K easily, but I know Id' never get it.