Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOW ABOUT ADDING

sgt1970-442

would anyone like to see a buyer/seller feedback forum????

we have one of these on my oldsmobile forum and it gives information on who is good to deal with and who is not.

for the most part everyone on the site are stand up people, though we do have a few that have made a bad name for

themselves.

just thought this would be something that might be helpful for potential buyers/sellers.

would anyone like to see a buyer/seller feedback forum????

we have one of these on my oldsmobile forum and it gives information on who is good to deal with and who is not.

for the most part everyone on the site are stand up people, though we do have a few that have made a bad name for

themselves.

just thought this would be something that might be helpful for potential buyers/sellers.

its a little different here, most sales are one time occurrences. You are not allowed to commercially advertise on this site.

not talking anything in the way of commercial sales.

just talking a more of a who is honest and who isn't.

like description of parts and such, kind of like ebay feedback.

nothing commercial as i am not a vendor just another malibu owner.

Well,

It just so happens I see someone on here selling something that might be a little fishy. I'd tend to stay away from that sale based on the fact that the person has less than 5 posts on this board. I think number of posts and activity on here tells a lot.

Well,

It just so happens I see someone on here selling something that might be a little fishy. I'd tend to stay away from that sale based on the fact that the person has less than 5 posts on this board. I think number of posts and activity on here tells a lot.

I was wonder how they are getting away with that, and their 5 posts are all to do with the selling.

The reason we don't need a topic like that is most sales on this forum are one member once a year selling something. If someone gets ripped off we will hear about it.I can only think of one time when this happened, someone was selling deeply discounted speaker products and didn't deliver, haven't seen him here since.

Agree with Pistol Pete, the fewer the posts the less he has invested in this site and there is more risk. As always buyer beware, paypal does offer some protection against fraud, i think.

And really, it could become a he said she said thing, would you need a judgment to post that someone is a thief and liar?

Edited by Cervelo

i agree pete,

instinct and gut feelings are your best judgement.

cervelo,

i think we all would like to hear about it before someone else gets burned.

thats why we created the feedback topic on realoldspower.com

gives ya a heads up like checking ebay feedback before bidding.

i'm sure for the 99% that are honest you will always have 1% that give the rest a bad name.

yes its always buyer beware but, when i sent 700.00 back in march 2008 for my etx manifolds to (t2wintip) in california he had

less than 10 posts.

it would have been nice to have some feedback on the him but, turns out al is a great guy to deal with and if we had a feedback topic

i'd post my dealings with him so others know what a stand up guy he is.

as for the he said she said bit, you can usually tell who's telling the truth.

The only other thing I can think of is a vouch system.

Let's say you wanna buy something from someone that doesn't have a lot of posts on here, you would need to have someone else with a little seniority on here vouch for that person.

Lots of people on here know and have met in person other people on here. Heck, I could vouch for just about anyone that lives in CA because I've met them. Almost the same with the TX crew.

its a little different here, most sales are one time occurrences. You are not allowed to commercially advertise on this site.

True, but posting links to sites that are retailers that goes on here is great free advertising for them.

Links to Bakes, West Marine, Skidim, to name a few. People post them all the time here.

I think that using the reputation system would be a good start to some of this. And of course members can be proactive & post within a seller's thread about their experience with them (speculation about a seller is off limits, but if you have firsthand experience with them then that's something else). There are a few other ways that I can think of. If you buy something from a person, you can leave a comment in their profile. So if it was a positive experience, you could leave them a thank you. The other thing that I can think of is that the board has a way of allowing members to rate each other. I currently have that disabled because in the context of this community it seems somewhat distasteful to have a tool like that in use. But in the context of rating someone as a seller, I can see its usefulness. I'd be curious to know if people are interested in enabling that system.

Other people need to rep you. So, if someone reads a post of yours that they really like, they can click the little green + button in the lower right corner of the post. It isn't used much since I think that most people don't really know about it.

There, I just gave you a rep point. :)

Other people need to rep you. So, if someone reads a post of yours that they really like, they can click the little green + button in the lower right corner of the post. It isn't used much since I think that most people don't really know about it.

There, I just gave you a rep point. :)

me too

• 1 month later...

Thank you, sir.

I'd be happy if people would just say "thanks" after someone gives them the exact answer to a question they post. Thumbup.gif

So true. I don't know how many threads end with someone answering the OP's original question and no thanks or reply afterward. I guess my mom was one that always made me say thanks. I'm glad she did. Thumbup.gif

Oh well, as long as we keep the Bu's on the water all is well. Biggrin.gif

So true. I don't know how many threads end with someone answering the OP's original question and no thanks or reply afterward.

Yep,

This is fresh on my mind from a Ducati forum I'm on. Some guy gets on and asks why his bike might be stalling. Of course there could be a million reasons why but, this guy wants to guess at the coolant temp. sensor being faulty because the fault only happens when the bike hits 200*.

That thread was up all day with like 60 views and no body said boo. So, I get on and give the guy a lengthy explanation of how to test the sensor. The next day I'm cruising the site and what do you know, the guy started another, separate thread, asking the same exact question. I dig through and find his original thread like 3 pages back with my answer (or at least, help) and does he respond to me? Nope! He just goes and asks the same question all over again. I felt like adding "YOU'RE WELCOME" to the first thread but, I bit my tongue. It bugs the heck outta me though. Rant over. Sorry.

Pistol Pete for President!

Thank you, sir.

Back on topic as far as rep. points or vouch system go.

Just yesterday I'm on the aforementioned Ducati forum and some guy gets on and asks "I just won this rear wheel rim for $500, is that a good price or should I not pay for it?"

We immediately figure out that the guy bid on, and won, a very expensive wheel on ebay. But, now, he's having second thoughts because he doesn't know if he got a good price or not. Lots of people on the forum are flaming him for possibly turning into a deadbeat bidder. In fact, people mention wanting to ban him from their auctions. I would if I could figure out his ebay name.

If you've got spare time, you can read it here. By the way, I'm not Pistol Pete on this forum.